We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I start? At the Beginning - Trip Report 1

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Where do I start? At the Beginning - Trip Report 1

Set off all excited on the roof to be honest!

Flew with Air France Aberdeen - CDG Paris flight was fine. We had a 3 hour transfer time at CDG and to be honest we needed it after landing we were taken on a bus to the terminal which seemed to take ages but maybe that was because our youngest was on my knee at one end of the bus and my hubby and other two kids were standing with all the handluggage at the other end of the bus, then of course the enevitable happened my youngests nappy leaked and I was soaked through! Then he threw up all over me just to add a bit more he thought it was hillarious and a kind lady gave me her cotton hankie to see if it would help.

After arriving at the terminal we all got freshened up in the toilets fortunately I had a change of clothes for youngest and myself as someone had advised this on trip advisor - so thankyou who ever you were! We then had to take another bus to get to our connecting terminal this took another 25 minutes so basically we had already been at CDG for about an hour and 45 minutes and we had arrived at our departure gate. We decided to go through Security to the public side to try and get something to eat. The only place we could get something quick was a Sandwich bar must admit the bagets were lovely but not what I was hoping we would be having for tea and cost an absolute fortune was able to give the youngest some baby food that I had taken with us so at least we were all fed and watered and ready for bed hopefully!

After eating went through to departure gate and let the kids burn off some steam running about. There was a big choir there and the conductor got them all warmed up and they started singing - it was lovely they got a big round of applause and it helped to pass the time. Flight CDG to Dubai was good kids well behaved managed to squeeze youngest into a bassinette so basically he slep 90% of the journey which was great. Other two kids and hubby got some kip aswell but I couldn't sleep was was worried the cot would fall off the wall! After al he was too long and too heavy for it everytime he turned over arms and legs were spilling out the sides!

Only problem with the flight was we ordered kids meals for both the older kids middle child got his no problem but oldest who is 13 got adult meals. I had also ordered infant food for the youngest and we never saw any of it but to be honest we had stuff he liked in the bag and he slept most the way.

Arrived at Dubai with the kids thinking we were just going to get a public bus to Mina Salam!

Got the luggage went outside found the Stretch Limo we had booked by phoning the driver - his name and number had been text to me the day before - on walking towards the limo there was a taxi parked in front of it so the kids then had a sigh of relief as we were getting a taxi not a public bus! As we got closer limo driver came out and opened the boot and the door. We said to the kids "Oh well I guess we will just take the limo then" They started screaming I think the whole airport heard them! Need you ask the bags were dropped and they dived in to pick their seats!

The Limo was through Dubai Exotic Limo I would say the service was good he was there waiting they text the name and number in advance it worked out just under £50 including the tip. The Limo itself was nothing special quite dated and starting to look tatty inside and the bar only had a few tins of 7up and sprite and bottles of water and they were all warm. But the kids were so excited it made it worth it just watching them.

Arrived at the Mina A Salam and were blowen away with its beauty - Trip Report 2 coming soon!

11. Re: Where do I start? At the Beginning - Trip Report 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 00:20