We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nowt to do with Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Nowt to do with Dubai

Hi guys just want to let you all know that we have booked to go to Florida next July with the kids.

Florida forum very different to Dubai forum and I know lots of you have been to Florida so please PM me and let me know what you have done, where you have been and give me tips.

Really miss chatting to you all.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nowt to do with Dubai

Turncoat!!!!!!!!!! Only Jokeing I hope you and your kids have a wonderful holiday in Florida.

You can still come on here to chat, your a Dubai Guru now as well!!!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nowt to do with Dubai

Will check in on you guys from time to time

thanks

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nowt to do with Dubai

PCEYES

Looks like we will be going to Florida too next year so probably see you over the other side.

Hoping for a few days in Dubai as well though.

Jue

leeds
Level Contributor
675 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nowt to do with Dubai

PCEYES - I was thinking of florida too but became too overwhelmed with all the info - condo or vill or disney hotel, dining pass, ticket pass, fly drive, hire drive, shuttle buses, parks, pools etc.

I need to do a LOT of research! it just got a bit too much this time around.

have a great time and miss having you around

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nowt to do with Dubai

Hey Saara

If you need any advice on things just ask we have been 3 times before but the last time was 2005 so a lot has changed in the parks/restaurants etc. since then. But can advise on villas and things if it helps you.

Hey Starstuck

Lucky you going to both places!

By the time we pay for the 5 of us to go to Florida next year we will be skint!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,510 posts
1,682 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nowt to do with Dubai

I am still posting reviews on TA of places I went to in Orlando and I returned over 6 months ago.

Try to get hold of the Brit guide to Orlando, a new edition should be published soon and it will have all the latest info.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
222 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nowt to do with Dubai

I we went Orlando July this year stayed in a villa in Lindfields which only took us 10mins into disney.

We only done the Disney parks as first time there lots of good resturants on the 192 going west. Also got a parking AAA ticket on ebay paid about £15.00 but we could park right at the front well worth the money.

But still going to Dubai school holidays and staying at the Westin hope the reports get better by then also doing the dolphins at atlantis worked out cheaper there than orlando

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,004 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nowt to do with Dubai

It's a very easy trip. Orlando yes, but please do go see the gorgeous Gulf Coast. White sugar sand, warm sparkling green water. It will be humid but not so hot as Dubai. Consider simple and down-to-earth St. Pete Beach and the friendly TA there or, for more upscale, the Sarasota area. Miami is on the Atlantic, nice, but the west side is the best side.

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
755 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nowt to do with Dubai

Agreed - Theme parks are fine for a few days, but there are so many gorgeous beaches and other places to see. We adored Naples and the whole area around there - at much lower cost than Dubai. Dubai is a very special place, which we also love, but the Gulf Coast has an awful lot to offer.

London, United...
Level Contributor
923 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nowt to do with Dubai

After a week of going to the parks, we go down to the gulf coast to Sarasota or Sanibel/Captiva for a week to relax fab beaches.