We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PLEASE HELP we have been ripped off with dimond ring!!!

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
PLEASE HELP we have been ripped off with dimond ring!!!

Hi There

Returned on sat from a brill hols to Dubai, where we brought a half eternity ring and our two wedding bands.

I took them in to be vavlued and have been told that the dimonds on the eternity ring have only been glued in and therefore with a bang or being put in hot water the glue will crack and the dimonds will fall out. They have told me it will start from £1000 to reset them into a new platinum ring (which was not the idea.)Im really upset as the ring looked stunning and the jeweller seemed so nice and honest!!

So what do I do?????

Thanks

Alex

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,732 reviews
from US$80.89*
US$89.87
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
220 reviews
from US$48.00*
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,416 reviews
from US$38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
194 reviews
from US$231.08*
Norway
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PLEASE HELP we have been ripped off with dimond ring!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience regarding the eternity ring purchase. What a nightmare!

I have no good idea about what you should do, may be contact the shop you bought the ring and tell them. Ask them to explain how this can happen, and how they want to solve this problem for you.

Can I ask where you bought these rings, so I can avoid the same shop?

I really hope you get this solved.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,323 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PLEASE HELP we have been ripped off with dimond ring!!!

You could also try your credit card company if you paid using that.

There is a trading standards operation in Dubai so may be worth contacting them by email.

scotland
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: PLEASE HELP we have been ripped off with dimond ring!!!

Alex

What a nightmare!!!

I would really love to know where u purchased these ring's,im going to Dubai in a few day's time with the hope of buying a ring don't want to end up in the place!.

If i can do anything for you while i'm there just let me know.

Carol

4. Re: PLEASE HELP we have been ripped off with dimond ring!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2008, 11:15
Dubai
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PLEASE HELP we have been ripped off with dimond ring!!!

Dear new poster joined today

The original post hasnt even said where she bought her rings from so don't assume its Cara til she comes back and confirms where she brought them

Dubai
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PLEASE HELP we have been ripped off with dimond ring!!!

wow that was quick-thank you TA!!!!

dublin
Level Contributor
264 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PLEASE HELP we have been ripped off with dimond ring!!!

Hi Lexy7200,

What a horrible experience.

Maybe you can post the name of the shop and keep others updated on the progress of your complaint.

england
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PLEASE HELP we have been ripped off with dimond ring!!!

I would have said what lattie said to be honest, but you have not said how you paid. you have really given very little info except that you have had it valued. What have you done so far??? ie have you contacted the shop for a start either by email or writing to them??? what has been their response?? where are you up to with your complaint?? have you made a complaint to the shop???

england
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PLEASE HELP we have been ripped off with dimond ring!!!

I would have said what lattie said to be honest, but you have not said how you paid. you have really given very little info except that you have had it valued. What have you done so far??? ie have you contacted the shop for a start either by email or writing to them??? what has been their response?? where are you up to with your complaint?? have you made a complaint to the shop???

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PLEASE HELP we have been ripped off with dimond ring!!!

I brought it on a credit card from Manheesh in the gold souk about the the 12 shop down the main road on the left!

My partner is gonna call them today but I don't hold much hope.

The jewllers where we had it valued here said they see alot of piece's from Dubai and lots are made very badly!