We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Outlet Mall

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai Outlet Mall

Hello!

Has anyone been to the Outlet Mall? Is it worth going to?

Manchester
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai Outlet Mall

I found it a complete waste of time. Nothing really of any note to buy, mostly empty and no atmosphere. Not worth the trip out.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai Outlet Mall

It is quite a long trip out to the outlet mall, but I have found some great buys there and also enjoy that it is not packed like other malls. I got a great deal on sunglasses (givenchy, prada, gucci, etc.), cologne, designer dresses. However, I also noted that some stores have things at regular mall prices.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai Outlet Mall

Hi, We have not been to the Outlet Mall but our daughter and her boyfriend went when we were there in September and they were both more than happy with their purchases. So I suppose it depends on what you are looking for.

I do know they got quite good bargains in sportswear, outdoor wear etc.

My daughter has just said to me "If you are young and in to fashion you will enjoy it"

That rules me out then lol!

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
6,049 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai Outlet Mall

Have a look at kznate's trip report - they seemed to find DOM quite good.

It's a good sized mall but, compared to most others in Dubai, less 'opulent'. The idea is, apparently, that prices 'must' be at least 30% lower than in the same stores at other malls. One store in particular, but I can't remember which one, is the Dubai outlet store for Harvey Nichols, Think it's one of the large ones nearest the Dubai end of the mall on the ground floor as you enter the mall. Not sure though - not a great shopper personally.

If you are really into bargain hunting I'm told you can find some real gems - I don't have the patience to rummage through racks and racks and racks and racks of dresses, jeans etc etc etc. But then I'm not particularly into fashion anyway lol.

It is some way away from Jumeirah but if you're considering going to Festival City Mall it's probably closer, especially if you get your taxi driver to take you there via the new Dubai Outer Bypass road which pretty much avoids Shk Zayed Road completely. That's assuming that you're staying in Jumeirah or the Marina or that area.

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai Outlet Mall

Its a good mall and if you are lucky you can get some amazing discounts ... I mean designer brand names at 70-80% discounts!

Manchester
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai Outlet Mall

I must be really picky.......

Dubai
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai Outlet Mall

I totally agree with you! This mall is not worth the trip out

By the way, I am young and very into fashion (in response to the comment)...and TRUST ME...this mall is a big waste of time.

First of all, the DOM website advertises certain brands being available in some of the shops...but you will find that totally untrue once you arrive at the mall.

Seems like just a marketing ploy to draw customers in.

In regards to fashion, there is nothing special at all. `

And, even if you do find something nice, the prices are definitely not "outlet" prices. Prices are similar to retail prices.

I didnt have a look at eyeglasses or perfumes.

Bottomline (in my opinion): Just another useless mall built in the middle of a desert.

Cheers

London
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubai Outlet Mall

One of the best times to go is just after the sales in Dubai have finished- then all the stock gets transferred there and further marked down. that is the time to get some serious bargains so timing does matter in this mall.

the harvey nichols outlet shop is also there- it is called priceless and some of the items there are a real steal when they have been further marked down.

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
811 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubai Outlet Mall

I went in August it was the one and only disappoinment of my holiday. Quite a distance - from Harbour hotel. There was no bureau de change open even though there was two. The mall lacked atmosphere.

10. Re: Dubai Outlet Mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2010, 06:16