We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July in Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge UK
3 posts
Save Topic
July in Dubai

We know July is not the best time to go to Dubai, we were there in October 08 and it was fab, we loved it and had a great holiday - this year we want to take our two teenagers too - but with exams and school terms, the only two weeks we can get are either mid-end July or any time in August. We gather both can be wickedly hot, with August being the worse of the two - is this true - are we mad for thinking we'd be able to cope with two teenagers and an 18month old in July?

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July in Dubai

Yes, it will be very hot July and August but lots on here have done it before and had a great holiday even with small babies.

If this is the only time suitable then I would just go for it. As you know you have the pools to cool down in and everywhere else you would want to go is air conditioned. Well, so long as you stay away from the Creek Area, Gold Souks etc during the day

I'm sure someone who has been there during these months will come on and give you their experiences.

Actually I think and I may be wrong, the temps in Dubai are not so hot as they used to be. We stayed last June and found it very bearable. Same in September when humidity levels are usually very high.

I would say go for it.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
790 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July in Dubai

We went late July in 2007 and it was roasting but bearable for me.well at least after 3 days to acclimatise

Wife did find it uncomfortable though and spent more time in the pool than sunbathing,although she did say it was ok up till about 11.00am and then again after 4pm. The saying about mad dogs etc was true then.

I would still go at that time of year again if I could net get off at any other time and in fact will be there this year from the 5th July.

Gib

uk
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: July in Dubai

its usually cheaper in july and august aswell,

every little bit helps!

ally

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: July in Dubai

Molly,

Last year the summer was not as hot or humid as normal - a bit like the UK getting a rubbish summer - 'cept here it was welcome.

Please do not under-estimate the normal July climate based on last year - normal years it is brutally hot and humid in July. You will only want to be in aircon, or in the pool (not sunbathing by it - in it!)

And with an 18 month old I would consider very carefully - they cant go in the pool...

Marc

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,748 posts
1,738 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July in Dubai

Since our youngest was a toddler we have been to Mauritius, Dubai, South Africa, Egypt, Malaysia at peak season.

Take basic precautions and you will be fine. We were in Saudi and Abu Dhabi last July and we found it hot but bearable.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: July in Dubai

Preston,

As I said in my post above - last year was not normal conditions here....

Marc

Cambridge UK
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: July in Dubai

Thank you guys, we really appreciate your comments...we'll sleep on this one but view at the mo is to go for it, we're a pretty sensible bunch really and one of the plus points about the hotel where we're planning on staying (Jebel Ali - same as last year, bit tired we accept but cracking facilities for all of us) has a great covered pool for the little man (and us!) to keep cool in and if he's true to form our problem will be getting him out of the pool rather than getting him in it!!!!

Big question really is where else can offer what Dubai and the Jebel Ali (golf resort and spa) can for all of us but with less heat...we've looked at other places where we might all be able to enjoy some time together messing around in the water (Egypt, Maldives, Thailand, Caribbean mainly) and the temperature seems pretty similar - can't do Spain and the likes...so it's looking more likely Dubai will be seeing us again...decisions decisions!!! Many thanks again :-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,748 posts
1,738 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: July in Dubai

Regarding other places.

I have done Egypt (Sharm) in June and its hot plus the notorious stomach bug that many people get.

Thailand/Malaysia its the wrong time of the year. Prices are low but there is risk of lots of rain.

Carribean is the same as well, lots of brief showers and the hurricane season might just be beginning in July but could be in full force! in August.

You could consider California but the heat in LA can match Dubai in the summer.

staffordshire uk
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: July in Dubai

hi my partner and i were in dubia last july and yes it is very very hot but we loved it so much that we have today booked to go back again this july as long as you are near a pool its fine the sea we found to be too hot for comfort! and as everywhere has excellant air con its not a problem at all

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: July in Dubai

Totaly agree with you farmerjed

We have just booked to go back to the palm tree court in August after spending a fab time there last year .yes it is very hot but you do cope. we took our 11mth old to Dubai for the first time 5 years ago and yes I was really worried but there was no need they can go in the swimming pools and as long as your carefull the kids will be fine. I also have a 12 year old and 10 year old and they had a fab time. just do it you won't regret it.