We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

al dawaar- revolving restaurant

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
preston, uk
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
al dawaar- revolving restaurant

we want to do revolving restaurant on our last day in dubai. have read from some posts here that it is buffet restaurant but doesnt say that on their website.

can someone pls advise.

also it seems to be cheaper during day than at night. i thought views would be better during day than at night as at night all you can see at night will be lights.

we both prefer spicy indian food, but unsure of what this restaurant offers.

any help appreciated

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,430 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: al dawaar- revolving restaurant

It's a buffet restaurant with usual buffet style food.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: al dawaar- revolving restaurant

Hi

We went to the restaurant a few years ago now its lovely I emailed the hotel and they sent me menus and price lists etc enjoy

preston, uk
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: al dawaar- revolving restaurant

do you know the email address as i cant find one on website

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
212 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: al dawaar- revolving restaurant

From experience don't put your handbag on the window ledge. You will never find it when you get up to go!

Had a lovely meal though!

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: al dawaar- revolving restaurant

we went here on our last night and i have to say i was disappointed

the view is lovely don't get me wrong , but the food was not very good , we thought the food was cold and when having seafood that has sat in a luke warm serving container has to be a recipe for disaster

we didn't think the choice was very good either , we also love spicy food and it was very limited

the desserts table however was to die for :)

but would i recommend Al Dawaar .....no ,there are much better place to experience in dubai ,that fact that it revolves around is not worth it , it did spoil our last night , i wished i had gone somewhere else , but you live ansd learn

preston, uk
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: al dawaar- revolving restaurant

oh what a shame ur last night was ruined. we were considering this for our last night/day there as well. guess its just more for the views than food then. i am a dessert person anyway so guess wud be ok but wouldnt want to fork out for a meal when all we eat is desserts.

anyone have different experience - appreciated

Broxburn, UK
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: al dawaar- revolving restaurant

we went last year and enjoyed it. The food was fine, but as I don't like seafood we never tried that. I did find thst it was very casual as I actually went with a dress on and there were some people in shorts and t-shirts and that was in the evening. Probably they were guests at the hotel and didn't bother much. Did enjoy the views although probably think you would get better views during the day. It does revolve very slowly and really don't feel it moving. It is just that when you look out the window, what you saw a short while ago, is no longer there. I'm actually surprised that none of the more upmarket hotels, especially on Jumeirah, have not built a revolving restaurant in their hotels. Idefinately think it is more of the fact that the restaurant revolves, rather than the food, that everyone goes for. But I cleared my plate and had quite a few of the desserts too.

preston, uk
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: al dawaar- revolving restaurant

wow thats a change as i thought all restaurants in dubai required you to dress up. im just taking black smart jeans and will wear different tops and accessorise to glamp up to go to restaurants. i wanted to go to restaurant during day as well cz of the views. so is the restaurant a buffet option throughout the day or just at cerytain times? we dont like seafood either but what other type of food do they offer? and what sort of desserts?

9. Re: al dawaar- revolving restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 19:20