We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis vs Al qasr

Cape Town
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis vs Al qasr

Please can any one compare the 2 hotels for me - which would you choose to stay in and why. Atlantis is Eur 600 cheaper for 4 nights?? Couple without kids.

Many thanks

hants
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis vs Al qasr

Less kids at AL qasr and more to do of an evening as you can use other madinat hotels facilities plus the madinat souk so everything is quite central and lots of good dining , guess it depends if price matters and what suits your need. When you going??

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,517 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis vs Al qasr

I would say less kids at AQ is debatable to be honest at the Madiant Jumeirah you have 3 hotels in one so it can get very crowded, when I stayed there it was over run with kids. However what the above poster says is true about having more to do at AQ there are loads of bars and restaurants to keep you busy and it's also closer to the main attractions of Dubai. One massive thing in AQ favour is there is little or no construction surrounding it.

Atlantis is still very much in the middle or should I say at the end of one big constuction site so really the choice is yours.

If it were me I would go Atlanis simply because it's loads cheaper the 600 euro's you save will be your spending money for the 4 nights!!!

If I had the choice however and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with either of your choices but I would pick somewhere more suited to couples rather than either of the 2 main family complex's in Dubai.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis vs Al qasr

Thanks so much, I am going in May. Where would you recommend then please. We are going away for the first time without our 1 and 3 yr old - so would love to get away from kids. Any nice boutique type hotels in Dubai?

bristol
Level Contributor
243 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis vs Al qasr

hi,DAR in the madinat grounds is lovely and also you have your own pools for ezch group of rooms. if it is not school holidays you should br finr with the kids situation. also mina a salam is quite quiet. the residence at the the royal mirage doesnot really encouarge children and is lovley, again you can use the bars restaurants of the two hotels eithwer side and they do a great dine around programme usually in may.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis vs Al qasr

The Grosvenor house is boutique in style and gives it's guests free use of the beach at the Royal Meridien hotel.

Then there's the Royal Meridien itself.

The Ritz Carlton is lovely, although not boutique in style and has an adults only pool.

One of the newer hotels in Dubai, The Address, is very boutique in style but it is not on the beach - the pool looks fab though.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis vs Al qasr

The Dar al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah is wonderful for couples, fabulous beach, excellent service. This will be on par with Al Qasr price wise. My husband and I went in October without any children (although ours are 16 & 20) had a wonderful time. We are looking at doing Atlantis 3 nights Al Qasr 5 nights in June. (Only doing Atlantis as 16yr old is with us though!)

Have a great time

Fiona

7. Re: Atlantis vs Al qasr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2009, 22:52
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,517 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis vs Al qasr

Pesonally speaking I would pick either The Grosvenor House Hotel, Raffles, Park Hyatt, The Address or The Burj if it's in budget.

Like I mentioned above there is nothing wrong with the choices you already made and what I like others obviously dont so the best thing you can do is look through some of the hotel reviews and see which ones you fancy.

9. Re: Atlantis vs Al qasr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 23:20