We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Dubai Airport

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Klaukkala, Finland
Level Contributor
30 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Gold Dubai Airport

Hi !

Is it big difference prices of gold about airport or gold souk ?

I know that finalprice is so good as how good you are negociate...

THX !

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
789 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold Dubai Airport

Hi Hobe

Probably your last line about sums it all up.

Overall I have had a better deal in the Gold Souk due to bartering and the choice is far greater,but I have also found the prices at duty free to be competative for more of the plain type of gold necklaces, rings etc.They are a bit dearer usually but not by a great amount

A lot will be down to whether you can be bothered haggling and traipsing round the various shops or whether you want to just walk into the airport and pick out something that may or may not suit.

I tend to use the airport as a last chance if there is anything on show that is the right price

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold Dubai Airport

The quality of gold craftsmanship is not very high in Dubai so avoid complex looking items, you will probably spend a fortune on repairs.....

If you stick to a simple band then you should get a good deal in the souk

Melbourne
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold Dubai Airport

Hi

Can you please advise roughly what something will cost.

I am reading and reading but never seem to find any prices. I know it is hard as i will need to haggle but can somebody please give me past expreience sales i just want some sort of idea.

Necklaces, rings ( plain gold bands)

I know this is hard i just want some sort of idea.

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gold Dubai Airport

I would beg to differ - the quality of gold craftsmanship is very high in Dubai and the styles and artisan skills you see in the Middle East are second to none ! They are especially good at making complex and detailed jewelry items. Their costs are also amongst the lowest in the world.

Its hard to give you prices of jewelry items since the cost is influenced by the gold purity (18 or 21 or 22k), whether white or yellow, whether it is a simple design or requires a lot of work, whether the item has precious or semi-precious stones set within it - all of these affect the price.

What you can ask at the shops is the price per gram - they may give you this or they may say the price is by the item as a whole. This will help you compare and decide.

Best

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gold Dubai Airport

I guess I must just have been unlucky by having three items that needed repairing and receiving the same advise from Jewellers in the Netherlands, Belgium and the UK...

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gold Dubai Airport

Going on the feedback off this forum alone then I would say the quality must be good as we get lots and lots more positive reports than negative ones regarding jewellery.

Perhaps as you said you were just unlucky!!

7. Re: Gold Dubai Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 21:20