We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai for Families

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai for Families

My Wife, 3 children (8, 5 and 3) are thinking of going to Dubai this year and we are tossing up whether to go in July or December. When would be the best time to visit and where should we stay?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,350 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai for Families

July will be hot. High 40oC and 85% humidity. You can't eat outside at night and the hotel prices are a lot cheaper as a consequence.

December will be warm. Mid to late 20oC and cool enough to eat out at night.

Plenty for kids to do at either time.

Up to you really.

You should stay wherever you can afford and where you will find most of the things you want to do.

It is impossible for anyone to make specific suggestions about where you should stay unless you let us in on your budget and what you want from the holiday.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai for Families

December, without question. Where to stay depends on your budget and what you plan to do while staying in Dubai.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai for Families

December has nicer (cooler) weather, possibly to cool for serious sun worshippers!!

Biggest problem is hotels prices on average double between July and December, also Decemeber is the most expensive month to travel to Dubai, prices peak around Christmas time and then start to fall again in the New Year. So your budget will help you decide better what month to travel.

Lots of people on this forum go in July as well and manage fine with the heat, I actually prefer to go when it's a hotter, maybe not as hot as it is in the summer but none the less I would still go in July and have done for the past few summers, so personally I would pick July but I like to lie in the sun during the day and December can be a little to chilly for that.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai for Families

With children aged 8, 5 and 3 I would like to stress that December will be much better for you and your family than July. Also based on the Australians I know you would not need to fit beaches or sunbathing into your holiday plans.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai for Families

December does have cooler weather but thats the only benefit that I can see. The price of going however will more than double!! It really depends on what you are planning to do whilst there, if eating outside is high on your to do list then perhaps July isnt for you and December would be better.

There are plenty of children in the Middle East in the Summer months and they all manage fine.

There is also plenty to do in Dubai whatever month you decide to travel.

Your budget will be the only deciding factor really between the 2 different months.

Most tourists with families like to stay on Jumeirah Beach.

bristol
Level Contributor
243 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai for Families

if i were going with 3 children i would opt for the madinat or the jbh both on plc basis if money was no object as you have agreat free kids club at both and access to wild wadi.the plc lounge we unable you to have a drink and relax without worrying about your children as they are entertained in there.the only problem being you will need a siut or two rooms to accomodate you.

it is really down to budget and what you want from a holiday.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai for Families

Hi

We are also a family of 5 and we have been to Dubai 3 times we have only been in August and yes I agree with the other feed back , but please don't let the heat put you off Dubai is geared up for the extream heat and everything is airconditioned.

The first time we went my youngest was only 11 months old and I was very worried about the heat. but as long as you don't want to go running around to much and you take it easy drink plenty of water etc etc

July and August are much cheaper times of the year to go and if you can cope with the heat go then.

My children are now 5 10 12 and the only place they want to be is Dubai.

We have been to the Jumeriah Beach and also Palm Tree Court and spa both fab hotels.

best of luck

8. Re: Dubai for Families

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 12:39