We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai in july

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
balham, London
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai in july

Hiya,

we are a couple in our mid 20s looking to go to dubai 3-9th july-is this an error with the weather, will it be too hot? Also where is good to stay? We've heard that alcohol and food is really expensive out there, is this true?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai in july

Hello,

I went to Dubai last year with my husband for our honeymoon and we loved it so much we're going back again this year (we are both in our mid twenties).

It is expensive when you're there but everything is out of this world and is definiely somewhere I think you should go once. The weather is really hot, we didn't mind the heat but i know for some people it is too hot at this time of year I think it depends on the individual. We stayed by the pool a lot and everything is air conditioned the only downside is that its too hot to sit outside to eat or have drinks in the evening - I hope this help x

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai in july

Well, pretty much everything is expensive in Dubai at the moment, due to the weak pound. However, we had some really good meals for 30-40 GBP, so it wasn't extortionate. Alcohol is definitely more expensive than in a London pub, you can only have it at hotels, which pumps up the cost a bit. Weather wise, most people find it too hot in summer. We were there in March/April time and I found it too hot to sunbathe for very long, but it was OK the rest of the day.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai in july

Hi

For weather you should check weather stats on www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3… . My wife and I was just there and we had about 40 degrees most days when we were there.

Regards

Gard

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai in july

Hi

went for the first time to dubai last july thinking the same but it was great [and we have a child] Going back again 4-15th July stayed in westin last time and doing exactly same this time round. They are doing deals of 30% discount just now for a limited time on their website so check it out

hope this helps

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai in july

It really depends upon how well you can both cope with heat and humidity. It will be hot (up to 40c or more during the day) and humidity will be quite high.

HOWEVER, Dubai is really geared up to coping with this: taxis have A/C, malls all have A/C, hotel pools are chilled etc etc.

As for where to stay? Do you want a beach type holiday (ie just lazing around a pool and getting a tan and, perhaps, doing a bit of shopping?) or are you more interested in exploring?

As others have said, yes, alcohol in hotel bars and restaurants is expensive (some places more expensive than others - some may be no more expensive than in the West End) but you can bring in up to 4lts of spirits/person or the equivalent in beer or wine from duty free and drink it in your room. Eating out can be as expensive as you want to make it - you can get really good food in the malls (although generally they aren't licensed for alcohol) for very little compared to the prices some hotels charge.

Hope this has helped a bit ... please feel free to ask more questions.

england
Level Contributor
334 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai in july

We have just returned from Dubai and it was far too hot for us. They had a freak week and it reached 48 degrees. Although there was a breeze it was like walking round with someone holding a hairdryer in front of you. The pool was 33 degrees and it was like walking into a warm bath. We could not touch the rail on our balcony at 8 am. We met lots of people who return year after year but each to their own. We have travelled the world but we have never experienced such heat. We will definitely go back to Dubai but probably only between the months of October and April when it is a little cooler. Yes the food and drink is expensive in the hotels but you can make Dubai as cheap or expensive as you want, the only problem being that you will not be able to purchase alcohol in the malls and local restautants.

7. Re: Dubai in july

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2009, 06:17