We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather - August for 2 Kids 5 and 3 years old

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
1 post
Save Topic
Weather - August for 2 Kids 5 and 3 years old

Hi,

We have noticed its far cheaper to go in July/August than October. Looking at the temparatures we were wondering whether it will be bareable for the kids.

Any experiences or advise will be much appreciated.

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather - August for 2 Kids 5 and 3 years old

my kids are 7 and 4 and i think it would be too hot for them. i prefer to take them during october or easter or even feb half term. but thats just my personal opinion.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather - August for 2 Kids 5 and 3 years old

I'd cope with the heat but I certainly wouldn't take young children at that time of year - again, just my opinion.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,726 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather - August for 2 Kids 5 and 3 years old

Plenty of people do though and some people with kids that age live there too !

Children generally seem able to cope with it far better than adults BUT you will need to lather them in sunscreen, find stuff to do indoors (easy) so they can get out of the heat, give them plenty of water and stick to the chilled pools rather than the VERY warm sea.

At the end of the day though only you know your well your own kids will cope.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather - August for 2 Kids 5 and 3 years old

It's cheaper for a reason, no free lunches I'm afraid.

In August the heat and humidity is brutal - forget sunbathing, all your want to do is be inside in aircon.

So, depends what sort of holiday you want for the kids - if you want a beach holiday, sunbathing, being outside - then you'd be better elsewhere. If you want a staying inside visiting malls type of holiday - its ok in August - everywhere has aircon and there is loads to do, just not outside.

To give you an indication of the severity of the weather in August - if you wear glasses they will steam up immediate you go outside, a camera will mist up, it will be like going into a sauna that someone has just spent the last 15 mins pouring water on the coals. The sun will burn you in 10 mins. The trip from a hotel lobby to a cab just outside will have you bathed in sweat and your clothes soaked.

Thats why its cheap - no one wants to be here and the hotels cant fill rooms.

There are many posters here who will say they had a great holiday in August here - and you can have, as long as you don't want a med type sunbathing by the pool holiday.

Paris
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather - August for 2 Kids 5 and 3 years old

We travel as a family in July/August to dubai and our daughter is 6yrs old. The heat was not a problem for her, lots of sun cream, the pool to cool off and drink lots of water.

wales
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather - August for 2 Kids 5 and 3 years old

My two are 12 +7 and we go in july,true it is unbelievably hot but use plenty of high factor lotion and you will be fine. you will be in the pool most of the time anyway,so a t shirt and cap will help.If you stay at the jumeirah beach hotel you get free lotion which is absolutely brilliant. hope this helps.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather - August for 2 Kids 5 and 3 years old

My children are now 8 & 11 and we go in august, it is not a problem as they have high factor sunscreen,a hat & a uv suntop (which you can buy in the uk!) They spend alot of time in the pools, just make sure they drink plenty of water. From what ive seen they cope far better than adults in the heat.

Paris/Dubai
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather - August for 2 Kids 5 and 3 years old

Hello,

August is the worst in Dubai. But I think it is...risky for children. But Dubai has modern hospitals just in case. Ramadan will begin around the 22nd of August. The beach will be very very hot and loud. Maybe october ?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather - August for 2 Kids 5 and 3 years old

This summer is forecast as the worst on record for heat and humidity - the last 2 summers were fairly mild.

For the posts above, coping with the heat is very different from enjoying.

Personally I think if you come to Dubai in July/Aug for a beach/pool sunbathing holiday you need your head tested, if with kids then thats bordering on stupid. You may cope but you wont enjoy sitting in 50 degree heat and 99 per cent humidity - its why the hotels are cheap that time of year, no-one wants to go...

Although they do say, only mad dogs and englishman....

bristol
Level Contributor
243 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather - August for 2 Kids 5 and 3 years old

hi,

we have been to dubai several times at all different times of year.the summer is extreme heat but they are superbly geared up to deal with it.i am off again in august for the simple reason if you go to greece cyprus spain etc in august its too hot therfore i would rather be too hot in dubai!my favorite time is easter and october but for many people august is the only affordable time. i would suggest the jbh as they have a great buggy system for getting around, free kids club and a great sports pavillion and wild wadi.i am booked in a plc room on a half board with my whole family. it is HOT but my family do not find it a struggle.the cooler months are better but tice the money.