We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight from dublin with eithyad

ireland
Level Contributor
314 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
flight from dublin with eithyad

has anyone flown from dublin to abu .... ? how long and what is the flight like ?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight from dublin with eithyad

Etihad is a great airline and plenty of people on here praise it.

The flight is rougly the same time as a flight to Dubai 7 hours give or take depending on wind direction.

If you want to know more about the airline then look at web sites like airline quality or seat guru

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight from dublin with eithyad

I like Etihad Airlines, their economy or coral class is very good. You also get a consistant level of service and this includes amenity kit on long haul flights. They also serve alcohol, despite rumours to the contrary.

I am not so keen on AUH airport ....

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
791 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight from dublin with eithyad

Only ever flown from Manchester to Abu Dhabi with Etihad but the flight was good enough with ample entertainment on the seat back system. Not as good as Emirates but the cheaper price compensates for that.

Flight time was around 7 hours down and 7.5 back up

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
558 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight from dublin with eithyad

Also consider the convenience of each flight.

Etihad are direct, but you will then spend 1 hour+ on the bus getting to Dubai, and then have to catch a taxi to your hotel.

This is the last thing that I would need after an 8 hour flight.

But with Emirates, you will need get to and from the UK, which is also a pain.

So each have their disadvantages when travelling from Ireland.

As posted previously, most of the Emirates planes out of the UK have better entertainment systems than Etihad (except the 330).

Both airlines have their share of complaints regarding service but I think that Emirates is better in this area also.

Its a shame that Aer Lingus stopped flying to Dubai.

ireland
Level Contributor
314 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight from dublin with eithyad

lucky we have a private car transfer which is included on our holiday.

6. Re: flight from dublin with eithyad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2009, 06:20