We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swine flu

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
swine flu

hi.

Trying not to worry too much but difficult when its on the news all day. Am travelling to Dubai with husband and two children aged 10 and 8 in just over two weeks time. If any of us have any flu like symptoms will we be stopped from flying with Emirates and If we do manage to get to Dubai, does anybody know what their airport or quarantine procedures are? also will tamiflu be available in Dubai? Like I said trying desperately not too panic, after all this is our once in a lifetime, very expensive, luxury holiday!!!

thanks.

blackpool
Level Contributor
625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: swine flu

Mazza

I work for a Government Dept, and today we have had new guidlines that allow staff members to self cert for 14 days, obviously this is pandemic related, so all other employers need to be following suit, come October this may be made compulsory nationwide irrespective of who employs who.

Again, please lets not panic,

hants
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: swine flu

mary agree lets not panic and lets not take the mick unless of course were quarantine in Dubai lol.

blackpool
Level Contributor
625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: swine flu

Amanda

After quarantine, how about a stint in the Maldives to reccouperate.

SORRY.SORRY. my sense of humour, Hey, I'm in the holiday mode now, and to be honest I am past caring, hee,hee,

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,261 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: swine flu

Mary

All it seems to do is make matters worse for those who are going to worry/panic. I certainly am not, I even took my heavily pregnant daughter to a shopping mall today - life goes on. The alarm going off in Debenhams and it being evacuated was more of an issue.

Not heard anything about the new self cert rules but if it's October then plenty of time for government directive. People won't be playing on it though if all they get is SSP, which is usual in small companies - it's a pittance.

Plan and look forward to your holidays as normal is what I say.

Best wishes

Mazza

hants
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: swine flu

Mary am quite happy to go halfs on the kleeneze or hot toddies .

blackpool
Level Contributor
625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: swine flu

Mazza

We have been instructed that this is the norm from today.

I agree about not panicking, as I said it 's worlwide, so lets keep a grip on reality.

I too would have been miffed if I had to leave Debenhams, bloody cheek............

You also take care and take care of your daughter

Mary

17. Re: swine flu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 July 2009, 23:45
18. Re: swine flu

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

19. Re: swine flu

hants
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: swine flu

i hope so lol