We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbour residence

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, England
Level Contributor
180 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Harbour residence

I am going back to Dubai next month and staying at LRM (not taking the children!) but already thinking ahead to our next trip to Dubai when we take the children as the Royal Meridien cannot accommodate 2 children two adults in a room uinless its a suite which is expensive so considering the Harbour residence where we can use the pools and beach at LRM (I think this is correct!)

Anyway, while we are in Dubai next month, if we popped along to the Harbour Residence, do you think they will let us see a room so it helps my decision as I know they have two and three bed apartments which would be ideal for us as a family?

Really looking forward to our trip and counting the days down but now feel guily as our children love the LRM as the came with us last year but one child shared with us and the other with my in-laws which worked out fine!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,529 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbour residence

I can recommend the Harbour hotel, I stayed there last November. Yes, you can use the pools and the beach at the Royal Meridien and the Harbour provides a shuttle bus there and back on the half hour - although there is a gap between 2 and 4pm.

I'm sure they will let you see a room if they have one free and they have 4 nights for the price of 3 at the moment on their web site.

We stayed in a 2 bed, which was huge. On the 43rd floor with a sea view so fabulous views of Plam Island. Both bedrooms were en suite and there was a third bathroom. Big lounge with dining area, huge plasma screen telly, DVD player, laundry cupboard with washer dryer, iron etc. Another toilet just in case the 3 you already had weren't enough. There was also a room that could accomodate a single bed, which was described as the maids room, although I'm sure it would be fine for a we'an - no windows in there though.

Pool area nice, with reasonable sized pool and childre's bit, nice spa with very reasonable treatments. Counter Culture cafe on the ground floor serves breakfast or will deliver to the apartment. Azur and The Obervatory restaurant, with it's great happy hour in the bar or for a full meal with fab views, are also in here.

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbour residence

Just returned from the Harbour...

As previously said the Apartment's are Huge! plenty of children where there. I've stayed in both hotels however the swimming pool's don't compare. If it's busy the Harbour pool is very small. As suggested take the shuttle across the road - or take a taxi minimum cost. However as you will know water/drinks very expensive - take your own with you plus snacks etc. I asked last week to look at another apartment and was told they were full until end september email and make a request.

Accommodation wise you will not be disappointed - although balconies are small - there was no where to lounge we were in a two bed marina view.

We prefered the Harbour for accomodation - Meridien for facilities.

3. Re: Harbour residence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2010, 05:16