We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average taxi fares

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
Level Contributor
359 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Average taxi fares

What would taxi fares be for 4 peolple from Dubai Marina area to: Deira, Dubai Mall, Jumeira Beach Hotel , Atlantis and Ibn Battuta Mall?

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Average taxi fares

On the whole Taxi's are reasonable ......

Hard to say, it would depend on where you live/country etc.

For example: I paid aprox £6.00 from the harbour hotel(marine) to Ibn Battuta Mall (which we liked the best) Dubai Mall. Atlantis £4.00 and so on...

I always tipped 5 der(not compulsory) however make sure the taxi meter is not already on. There is a start fee of 3 der which changes at 10.00 p.m.

Some clever taxi drivers take the long route i.e. by the most traffic lights. I did complaine to the hotel who took this up with the taxi company.

You can get a receipt (ask for one/get their number on the car) and make sure it's the same going back.

Sometimes the return journeys are slightly longer due to the layout of the road route(hope that makes sense).

If you do several journeys same destination you will get to know.

Generally, most taxi driver's don't seem to communicate(suppose it's hard work different dialects etc) used taxi's for eight days I think two actually spoke.

Take a card with your hotel's name on - several taxi's didn't know where are hotel was let alone the area - some hotels seemed to have changed names also

Anyway, it' all quite wonderful - going back March third visit.

Roll on Christmas - I'll wish my live away!

South Africa
Level Contributor
359 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Average taxi fares

Thanks for info.

We can't make up our minds if we should rent a car or go with the taxies. Everybody is warning us against driving in Dubai but believe me driving in Johannesburg is just as hectic.

We can't wait for our trip either. Still got 3 weeks and 3 days left!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately my son broke his collarbone in a quad accident a week ago so with some things we are going to be restricted like Wild Wadi.

3. Re: Average taxi fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2010, 06:19