We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Observatory

kent
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
The Observatory

My husband and I would like to go for dinner at The Observatory when we visit Dubai - I've emailed them a couple of times for a sample menu but have had no response. Please can someone tell me what sort of food is served and also the price I can expect to pay.

We are staying at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach, so if anyone can suggest somewhere closer to us that is just as nice / nicer.

Thanks for your help.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,065 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Observatory

They used to have a sample menu on their web site but I can see that they've changed it to just a description of the food style and several dishes.

See here

emirateshotelsresorts.com/the-harbour/…

It's about 10 minutes by cab from the Sheraton on Jumeirah Beach. There are lots of restaurants between where you are and the Harbour hotel, several on Jumeirah Beach Walk and several in the other hotels you will pass along the way Hilton, Ritz Carlton, Royal Meridien and Grosvenor. So you can eat in all of those from about £10 to £100 per head depending on which restaurant you choose.

Having said all that The Observatory has something that all of the others don't and that is a spetacular 360o view of the Marina area and the Palm Island from 53 floors up.

I guess a 3 course meal for 2 ex drinks will cost about £60 a head, so less if you don't have 3 courses and more if you have lots to drink. If you get there before 7pm and it's outside Ramadan then you will be in time for their happy hour drinks, which starts at 5pm

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Observatory

Cant help with the Observatory but the Shearaton has an excellent chinese restraunt in it & a cracking steak house they also have themed nights in the i think its the palm grill where you go for breakfast indian, mexican, seafood etc..

also you can get nice meals served at the out side bar or have them served in the shisha tent/room which is lovely & cool ..

kent
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Observatory

Thanks for your replies.

Perhaps then we will just go for a drink at the Observatory for Happy Hour.

We have a restaurant booking one evening at Pai Thai, is this close enough to make it suitable to go for our meal there after happy hour? And is there anything else to keep us busy either around the observatory (harbour hotel) or Pai Thai Restaurant as our dinner booking isn't until 8.

Thanks again for any help.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,065 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Observatory

The Oservatory is about halfway between the Sheraton and the Al Qasr hotel/Madinat where Pai Thai is.

Once you have finsihed your drinks at the Observatory then hed to the Madinat Soukh before going to Pai Thai at 8pm

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Observatory

I stayed at the Harbour in August ...

Had breakfast every day in the Observatory - fab views and terrific service.

If you want a room with a view - try and book a table near to sun set!

London
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Observatory

Not sure when you are going but there is also the Counter Culture (a more brasserie style, casual and yes, cheaper eatery at the Harbour Hotel) menu available up at The Observatory at the moment as CC is closed for renovations.

7. Re: The Observatory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2010, 05:19