We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The lost chambers-Atlantis

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
The lost chambers-Atlantis

We are thinking of going to the Lost chambers in Atlantis, have any of you been there?

Is it good?

and was it worth the money?

How long did you spend there?

We were going to factor it into the morning so would need to eat after, is there anywhere at the Atlanis to get a reasonably priced lite lunch? Sandwiches or burger?

We are staying in the Habtoor Grand so would be taking the Monorail or taxi, what are your thoughts on this?

cheers,

Suzysue

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The lost chambers-Atlantis

I went there when it first opened. It's good for an aquarium, when compared to the Sea Life centers here in the UK. It's nicely themed with objects from 'Atlantis' and their stories being well thought out. You get a better view of the main tank, and a good selection of other tanks. It will pass a couple of hours by. At certain times of the day they stand outside with buy one entry, get another free vouchers - I guess depending on occupancy.

Atlantis is an expensive hotel, there isn't anywhere for non-residents to grab fast food outside of Aquaventure that I am aware of.

You would need to get a taxi to/from the monorail trunk station, in order to use this. It's quite expensive if there are more than two of you, compared to a taxi. It was worth a little trip, I can't see how it will be the 'mass transport system' in it's current state. It only has two stations, one at Aquaventure and another at the trunk.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,375 posts
1,663 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The lost chambers-Atlantis

I went there but it was free as I was a hotel guest.

Having been to various aquariums around the world, it was just ok but not worth the entrance price and we did it in about a hour.

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
805 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The lost chambers-Atlantis

Visited the chambers in August non-resort guest - very expensive! So was the aquarium in the hall of emirates but the zoo was worth a visited. No where is cheap to eat in Atlantis.

notts
Level Contributor
179 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The lost chambers-Atlantis

We paid to go in and felt it was overpriced

You dont see much less on the outside which is free

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The lost chambers-Atlantis

We went and thought the one in the mall was better, especially if you see the water zoo too.

I would say go to the Atlantis as it's quite a hotel to see, and the drive out is nice but just have a look from the outside, as someone else said you really don't see much more and it is quite expensive.

Ramadan for us so didn't notice anywhere to eat but wouldn't have thought there was anything reasonably priced there.

Hope that helps.

UAE
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The lost chambers-Atlantis

I have visited the lost chamber for free as I was a guest and we did it in an hour or so. if free it is ok but i would not pay more than few $ to see it.

Atlantis is worth to see I woul recommend the Kaledoscope buffet there but iti will cost you around 40$/ person for a buffet with a soft drik but tye food is really good.

Enjoyy Dubai!

7. Re: The lost chambers-Atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2010, 05:18