We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we do this in one day?

Kent UK
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can we do this in one day?

Taxi from or hotel in Dubai marina, Abra across creek, visit gold souks, go to Dubai Mall, ice skating, aquarium, Burj Dubai 124th floor, fountains ?

Any sugestions on making that a better day or romantic?

Or is that too much for one day?

Thanks in advance

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we do this in one day?

I would say so...

You are not allowing time for transfers in taxi's all over the place.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we do this in one day?

Agree with above - should be ok. Only issue is when you go as to whether the Burj will be open....

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
453 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we do this in one day?

well, if you wish to be romantic day, my suggestion Do Not; go for Dubai Creek and gold souk. That if you take a taxi, it will drop you on Bur Dubai side; and you will wait for the Abra - Boat, you dont know how many other passengers will be waiting. Maybe crowded; so that is not romantic. Ok for other day; but as for now my concern here is "romantic".

Also when you get off on Deira side; you have to walk all the way to Gold Souk; walking in busy street of that part of Dubai - Honestly is Not Romantic.

Here my suggestion for a "romantic day" in Dubai:

You indicated that you will be staying in Dubai Marina; so Have a breakfast at one of the coffee shops around 10am at the Walk Jumeirah Beach Residence. Take a taxi to Mall of the Emirates. Have fun at Dubai Skii. how long you want to stay in the freezing point surrounding is up to you as for me I never stayed in the Dubai skii park more than 20 minutes. Go around the mall if you wish.

Then go to mall of the Emirates Dubai Metro station your destination is Burj Dubai Station hopefully by the time you visit here will be open. Visit Dubai Mall, Aquarium and aquatic zoo, and to Burj Dubai Observatory 124th floor (If you visit after early December 2009). By then will be afternoon and you will want to have a nice lunch at any of the restaurant in Dubai mall or at the Souk Al Bahar.

Upto you to stay until evening for Dubai Fountain show or go directly to Souk Madinat Jumeirah by taxi, which will be not very far from where you stay Dubai Marina. You may reach there by 5:pm go to the souk and also take a romantic Abra ride ; you may request them to take you on the boat only you two if no other people around.

After that take dinner at any nice restaurants available in Souk Madinat Jumeirah, then I think by now you will be both tired, take a taxi back to the hotel for the hot shower bath.

Have fun.

Hassan Al Jabry

points2deliver

Kent UK
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we do this in one day?

Hassan, thanks for taking the time to reply. My wife loves to walk along small busy market streets, and although I agree thats not romantic, I do think she will love the experience of " old Dubai" and the gold markets.

Would it be better to get a taxi to the markets and then an Abra back again?

Thank you so much for your advice

Tony

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we do this in one day?

Take a taxi to Arabian Courtyard hotel and then walk down to the back of the museum and then trhough the textile soukh to the abra station.

Catch an abra across the creek and walk through the spice soukh to the gold soukh. (Spice soukh is on the oposite side of the road to the abra station - road is very busy so use the subway)

Come out of the gold soukh and take a taxi to Dubai mall or go back across the creek and have lunch in Bait al Wakeel

timeoutdubai.com/restaurants/reviews/8033-ba…

Take a taxi from there to the Dubai Mall

If you do this make sure it is not on a Friday because the soukhs are closed until 4pm.

I think it is perfectly doable in one day if you set out after breakfast and it will take you into the evening

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can we do this in one day?

hassan - ski dubai is in mall of the emirates. Tones wants to use the ski rink at Dubai mall.

yes it is do able -

The taxi drive from maria will be quite long - drop off at bur dubai side close and take the abra across.

even if its crowded - it moves quickly.... so no issues.

ask for directions to the bus depot - about 10 minutes from the abra stand....

once u reach the bus depot - ask for directions to the cold souk and you move thru the spice market.....

about 15minutes later you end up in the gold souk.....

The weather is beautiful...... suggest you take a cab to golf and yacht creek club opposite deira city centre.... they have an open air restaurant.... sit out and watch the boats sail by..... or just enjoy the great weather.....

then go to dubai mall....

watch the fish (u will enjoy it - quite amazing).... see the fountains....by this time the food is digested...... head to the ice rink and skate....

if the burj is open then up and up....

head back to the marina.... with time to spare.

the golf and yacht restaurant is more enjoyable in the early evening for sunset...(very romantic) so you can even do lunch somewhere else.... or spend more time in the souks (possibly do the museum in bur dubai then walk to the abra's)

possibly do the mall of the emirates first, snacks there - then bur dubai, souks, early evening dinner at creek golf club with a drink relaxing....

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can we do this in one day?

to summarise.....

taxi to dubai mall should be atleast 40minutes....

burj dubai 40minutes....

see aquarium 30minutes...

see fountains 15 minutes...

skate 1hour.....

find a food outlet that you like....

take a cab to bur dubai museum....

walk to abra crossing thru the cloth souk....(10minutes)

abra will be empty in the afternoon (weather great)

walk to bus stand (use that as a land mark) (5minutes)

walk thru the spice souk toward gold souk (15minutes)

enjoy the gold souk (or rather wife will spending lots of money)

take a cab to golf and creek yacht club.....

enjoy sunset with some drinks.....

dinner....(with some more drinks)

cab back....

8. Re: Can we do this in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2010, 06:16