We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Dubai

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Dubai

My wife and I are lucky enough to be travelling to Dubai on 20 Dec until 28 Dec. We are first time travellerws here and would like to know if there are any particular places to go at Christmas. Where are some of the best places to eat at Christmas and will we need to book. We can be quite adventurous and don't want to spend a fortune, we are staying at Le Royal Meridien Beach Jumeria Beach.

Thanks

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
759 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Dubai

Most of the hotels are beautifully decorated for Christmas and have Christmas Eve and Christmas Day special meals- some buffet style, but extremely lavish.

You will probably need to book, even if you eat at the hotel you ae staying in - a lot of locals (expats) eat at the hotels on these days and so they do get busy. But if you take a look on the hotel websites you will find their Christmas menus etc.

We spent Christmas 2007 at the Jumeirah Beach hotel and it was really special - amazing decorations, a choir, Santa etc etc. We also ate at the Mina A Slam and Al Qasr - I recommend any of these, but all of the meals were booked in advance.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Dubai

Thanks for that, were the hotel meals expensive, and did you book via their website. I have checked ours and there seems to be nothing mentioned yet which is why I asked

london
Level Contributor
135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Dubai

You need to email LRM and they will send you a email with all of the options for Xmas day, boxing day etc. We have eaten in the Brasserie for the past 2 years on Xmas Day as they have a lunch seating but have opted to eat outside of the hotel this christmas at the nearby Walk. Inside the hotel is very festive and they have a great Christmas tree.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Dubai

I found it pretty cheap really, far cheaper than in the Uk at a good hotel def no hiked up prices have a look at the menus when you arrive and also perhaps at other hotels. Your concierge can help with getting menus for other hotels, most will be buffets and they are absoutely fine and have more or less anything that you have in the UK.

For me the day was nice as we went to beach and then did xmas dinner in the eveing.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Dubai

Thanks for the advice. I will email the hotel for the menu and maybe ask them for some other local ones too

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,527 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Dubai

Time Out have just published their list of Christmas lunches and dinners. Some will be traditional UK style and some will be brunch style.

…timeoutdubai.com/festive/offers/596-meal…

For me the it would have to be Al Iwan at the Burj, pricey but fab.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas in Dubai

Gone for the Al Iwan at the Burge for evening buffet. Thanks for the advice will let you know how it goes

Thanks

8. Re: Christmas in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 07:07
9. Re: Christmas in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 07:07
uk
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas in Dubai

I didnt find anything in the post implying that the visitors were on a tight budget. only the implication that they didnt want to spend a "fortune" on a meal. Fortune being a relative term could mean any ammount. Its good not to be too presumptive or indeed judgemental, then you wouldnt waste your own time or find the need to remonstrate,

just a thought.....................................

Edited: 23 November 2009, 22:27