We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel prices

Staffordshire, UK
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
hotel prices

We are planning a family trip to dubai later this year and have just got some prices for the LRM. However we have heard a number of rumours that hotel prices are "dropping / plummeting / reducing" due to the economic climate. Wondered if anyone could give us some advise as to whether we should wait for this to feed through to the agents or keep an eye on the prices and book direct?

Thanks

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel prices

For last October I booked the hotel in April, all the tour operators I contacted said it would be busy as it was half term but to be honest I wish I had waited off till nearer the time as there was plenty of offers on. I think if you have a specific hotel in mind and think it is a good price then book it to avoid disappointment, if we only had a crystal ball!

harlow, uk
Level Contributor
415 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel prices

it seems clear to me that Dubai is being affected by the global meltdown.........i ve just booked Al Qasr at Madinat at prices i never thought possible........family of 4 accomodation only with free HB for 7 nights £1200.

admitedly thats in August but still what does £170 per night night you elsewhere..........nowhere near the luxury of Al Qasr.

Dubai
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel prices

Dubai like every other tourist destination in the world is suffering, prices have already come down so it is advisable to book direct nearer to the dates you are traveling to get the best prices. Even for tours and packages once in Dubai haggle and you will find that tour operators come down 20%-30% on their list prices at least.

Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel prices

Colinchap, that's a great deal. Is that for one room/suite?

Langley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel prices

I had previously booked 4 nights in the Arabian Courtyard Hotel for this upcoming June (3000 AED for the 4 nights). Just checked on line again and the price is now 1000 AED for the same 4 nights in the same room, so have canceled the prior reservation and re booked at the rate which is only 1/3 of that originally booked.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel prices

we have just booked Westin in July for 12 nights with free FULL BOARD!! and sea view. - Price cheaper that last year 10 nights HB in Land view room.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
69 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel prices

OMG thats brill. I have been looking and haven't found anything that good. Do you mind me asking who you booked with? My husband and I went last year and want to take our two daughters with us this year, and even if i got half board thrown in would be a bonus.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel prices

HI misstraddy

Yes no problem booked through Dreamticket although this that deal has ended booked on Christmas eve. other good deals on the site though

Good Luck

Staffordshire, UK
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel prices

thanks for the advise. may hang on as price we have been quoted for LRM seems quite expensive at the moment. will also look at other hotels too! thanks again to all!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel prices

Hi

We got a good deal at LRM for 10 nts in June, half board in a club seaview room with Southall Travel.