We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai - weather in august with kids

Cambridgeshire
9 posts
Save Topic
Dubai - weather in august with kids

Hi

weare thinking about whetherto go to dubai for the first time in august this year. we have young children and wonder whether it will be too hot to be on the beach in august? Is eating out expensive?

thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,019 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai - weather in august with kids

You will know how your own kids will cope better than anyone who can answer on here. Will say that plenty of people do go in August with kids and they all manage fine - I've never seen anyone come back and say never again.

The sand is roasting and the sea is like a hot bath so not very refreshing - I would stick to the hotel pools which are chilled and have shade. Plenty of factor 50 and lots of water.

You may not be aware that Ramadan is scheduled to start for 1 month from around 11th August and this may influence whether or not you want to go then - for more information on Ramadan and what it means for your holiday see the section on Ramadan in the Top Questions for Dubai at the top right of the posts page.

There is also a section there on kids things to do.

Eating out is as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be that depends on where you go to eat - food courts in the malls are fantastic value and very clean. Lots of kid friendly restaurants, which won't cost an arm and a leg or you can eat in a 5* hotel every night - in which case it will be expensive.

Wakefield...
Level Contributor
59 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai - weather in august with kids

ihave just returned from a 4 day stopover in dubai after doing atour of south india it was perfect weather for sightseeing and going to the beach some years ago we were in dubai in august which is areally uncomfotable time to The temperatures can reach well into the 40 degrees centigrade or more and the humidity is very high iwould advise against going this time of year espescially with children Even the locals go to cooler climates MY freinds who live in dubai and have kids have aplace in srilanka where they go in august BILL IS a pilot working for emirates air lines and is not at all soft The best time to visit dubai is in the english winter up to the end of april would be ok have anice holiday amber

Edited: 07 February 2010, 19:08
boro
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai - weather in august with kids

We have been the last 2 years running in july/august which is by far the cheapest time to go to dubai because of the heat.It is of similar price of the med but 10 times as good.My kids dont mind the heat during the day because theyre in and out of the pools and you soon get used to it..The heat is more of a pain on a night when your dressed up.It only takes a matter of seconds before your sweating if you venture out.I would certainly reccomend you to go.

Manchester
Level Contributor
97 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai - weather in august with kids

I have been to Dubai in September twice (not a lot of difference in temperature to August apparently) and I agree with last poster that I find the heat harder to deal with in the evening, but you can cope (somehow), it can just be a bit uncomfortable - it was 100 degrees at 12.15 am when when we landed to give you an idea of how hot it is.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai - weather in august with kids

We have been to Dubai in August with our teenagers. It is certainly very hot. I don't want to be a kill joy but getting around with young children wouldn't be much fun.

The sand on the beach is very hot and young children couldn't walk on it. You would need to stay around the hotel pool. If it was me I would go somewhere cooler and save going to Dubai when it isn't so hot. Having said this, I am going to Dubai in August but I haven't young children.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai - weather in august with kids

IMO it is much too hot in August for young children to have an enjoyable holiday. Even families who live here (and are somewhat used to the heat) try to escape for as many weeks as they can in the summer.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai - weather in august with kids

We too have been in august for the last 2 years and are returning this year, my 2 children are absolutly fine with it, in & out of the pool (aged 8 & 11 now) you know your own children & how they cope with heat, it is very hot, however there is always plenty of shade & lovely chilled pools.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubai - weather in august with kids

I've posted on the summer weather here many times (do a search) - its brutally hot, expect mid 40's to 50 degrees and soaking humidity.

That said, Dubai is set up for heat and if you dont want a beach holiday everywhere is aircon - but if you want a beach holiday its not the best place.

Dubai is cheap in summer for a reason......evryone avoids it.

9. Re: Dubai - weather in august with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 08:17