We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Really appreciate advice - best resort for kids in Dubai?

Vancouver/Cannes
10 posts
Save Topic
Really appreciate advice - best resort for kids in Dubai?

This is really last minute but our plans just changed and we are going to be heading to Dubai in 4 days and staying there for 2 weeks with our two children (ages 3 and 4). I have researched hotels and resorts there extensively, but have not been able to make a decision. I was thinking of the new Atlantis but are unsure of it's safety and functionality as it is really big and busy??? I really would appreciate some advice from anyone who has been to Atlantis or stayed in some of these resorts (with small children?).

Ideally, I would like to stay in a resort that is at least 4.5 stars or higher and has a lot of activities on site or near by for the children. As my husband will be away in meetings a lot of the time we are there it is important that I am able to coordinate all of these outings and activities for the kids on my own and there will be enough variety for them to keep them entertained. Maybe even a kids club if age appropriate?

If anyone has had an experience in any of these resorts please share it with me. Thank you very much for your help.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Really appreciate advice - best resort for kids in Dubai?

So many to choose from it is difficult to be specific and of course your budget will dictate where you can stay.

Also take a look at the Things for kids to do in Dubai section of the Top Questions for Dubai at the top right of the posts page. Dubai is a fabulous place for a kids holiday because there is so much for them to do.

I would say avoid Atlantis because out there (5km away at the end of the Palm) you are not convenient for anything other than the Atlantis.

I would look at

Jumeirah Beach Hotel - on the beach

Royal Meridien Hotel - on the beach

The Westin - on the beach

Grand Hyatt hotel - in the city but fabulous kids play area, pool and facilities

Taxis are cheap, clean, safe, metered and plentiful and nothing is too far from anything else.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Really appreciate advice - best resort for kids in Dubai?

i haven't been to dubai before but we are going in july with a 4 year old and 2 year old. We decided against a hotel as it is easier having a seperate bedroom for the kids and having a kitchen with facilities (you know what kids are like).

Have a look at the ramada downtown dubai

www.ramadaburjdubai.com

I think they may even have a kids club. there are no reviews on tripadvisor though as it just openeded in Dec.

Hope this helps. You will just have to decide the benefits of a hotel v. an apartment. The ramada is next door to the dubai mall.

Having travelled a lot with the kids I think you would get a bit fed up all being in a one bedroom within a hotel for two weeks with no fridge, microwave etc. Also, I always find that kids get fed up having to get dressed to go down for breakfast and eat formally when they would much rather have breakfast instantly when they get up in their pyjamas.

Another place to look at for apartment are the chelsea towers. I havent stayed there but I know friends who have 3 young children and they stayed there for a week.

have a great time.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Really appreciate advice - best resort for kids in Dubai?

Would recommend the Westin we have stayed there twice now. They have a really good kids club, indoor activities and outdoor sand area, climbing frame and an undercover area as well. the pool is really good as well as it is also covered, has a waterfall and chute, lifeguards on duty. You can also sunbath right beside the kids pool which is nice as well as you can keep an eye on the children.

The Gower, Wales
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Really appreciate advice - best resort for kids in Dubai?

We have just got back and I would suggest the Westin, Hilton Beach, Royal Meridien. Be aware with the kids cluns that if there are 4 or under you may have to accompany them - depends on each hotel's policy (Ritz was 4yrs).

You'll have a lovely time - the weather is glorious and the beaches covered with shells (all the same tyoe but still hundreds of them to keep the kids busy).

Have fun and try and get a visit to Creek Park if you get bored of the beach.

hants
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Really appreciate advice - best resort for kids in Dubai?

If you want a kids club, cross the Atlantis off your list its prices are totally unreasonable. From personally experience would recomend Sinbads at The Madinat hotels or LRM.

South Africa
Level Contributor
395 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Really appreciate advice - best resort for kids in Dubai?

I am travelling with my 2 kids aged 2 (almost 3) and 4 in March and decided to split our trip into two places - half at the Oasis Beach Tower to enjoy the SPACE of having the two bedroom apartment and then the other half at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel to have the excellent kiddies facilities, Sinbad Kids Club and free access to Wild Wadi........

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Really appreciate advice - best resort for kids in Dubai?

Have stayed at the Jumerah beach hotel as latti has recommended. Popular with families. As others have suggested perhaps two different places would be good for you. Change of scenery and food options.

I've stayed at The Marriot harbour apartments at the marina and there were mostly families. You could take walks around the Marina.

I've visited the Atlantis although it's out of the way as latti has said...

I would be a pain for people with young children as it's huge to get around.

Big open spaces - lots of running after small little ones possibly getting lost etc.

Edited: 20 February 2010, 15:17
Vancouver/Cannes
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Really appreciate advice - best resort for kids in Dubai?

Thank you for all of your advise. I really do appreciate it.

Still have not made a definitive choice yet, but are getting close. I now know I do not want to stay at Atlantis as it might be a little overwhelming by myself with the two kids and I also know that I want to stay somewhere on the beach for location and proximity to other activities...

Maybe the Westin, Marriot or Jumeirah would be my best options then? Perhaps I will see who has the best rates and options for us and go from there.

Thanks once again everyone!

9. Re: Really appreciate advice - best resort for kids in Dubai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2010, 05:19