We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Pt 3, Burj Khalifa/Downtown and Neos

U.K
Level Contributor
326 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Pt 3, Burj Khalifa/Downtown and Neos

Sunbathing again for Day 3 and then out after lunch to the Dubai Mall, did a little shopping, looked at the Aquarium...which leaked the next day

Mark had already bought tickets a while back for today for us to go to the top of Burj Khalifa but as you all know its closed, but we went along anyway to mooch round etc.

Taxi took about 25 mins and cost 45DH.

Had a little mooch about and went up to the ticket sales at Burj Khalifa where Mark was offered his money back as he'd paid cash.

Out side you can have a lovely view and look up at the Burj Khalifa.

Neos

We had decided before we set out that to compensate for not going to the top we would go to Neos , the bar on the 63rd floor of The Address which is dead opposite the Burj.

It opens at six and we were going for a couple of drinks.

We walked over and entered the Address and we were really impressed with it. Its really modern but feels relaxing and welcoming once you step inside.

We walked around a bit and a chef walked past, think he was Australian, and he asked if we were ok. We told him that we were planning to go to Noes in a few minutes at 6pm and he suggested that we take a look around outside at the pool etc, which we did .

Just after 6 we took the lift to Neos. We hadnt booked, you can if you like to get a front seat as it were. We hadnt booked but it was fine. We sat on a high table just back a bit and we were perfectly happy with that and everyone goes to the front to take photos so your ok doing that.

Its a lovely trendy bar and the dress code is smart casual, I actually changed my shoes in the lift, lol to smarten up as such and I even took a top to change into but thought better of it lol.

Anyway we had a couple of wines each. that passed away almost two hours. those wines cost just over £40 which I didnt think was bad for Dubai, just normal prices really.

We went down and stood outside Dean and Deluca area to view the Fountains...FANTASTIC. Watched about 3 of them.

Had a stroll around there and was going to eat there but we heard that the traffic was building up so we jumped into a taxi....plenty of them available, and headed home

Back to the Hotel, drinks in club lounge and quite a late meal at Scoozi which is an Italian/Japanese Restaurant funnily enough

Pasta dish each, some bread and dipping olis and soft drink £20 approx.

Day 4

Prohpets Birthday

We found out the night before as we went to bed that due to the birthday,. no alcohol was to be served from the next evening til the evening after. We had planned to go to an all you can eat and drink restaurant so that was that out the window..never mind

We sunbathed..again,, had sauna and jaccqusi in the Spa, did Afternoon Tea, had softy drinks in the evening and took a taxi over to Marina to go to the ;

Royal Orchid.

Prawn Crackers and dips served straight away. Ordered Crispy Duck and pancakes, then two mains with two rices, 4 soft drinks. Bill with tip came to approx £50.

Day 5 last day.

Sunbathing, walking on beach etc

7pm , alcohol was served. Drinks and snacks in the Club then walk along The Walk, look around Heritage Village the dinner in

The Butcher Shop and Grill

i cant remember what they brought up , might of been bread and butter, but you got something straight away.

I had the Slow Roasted Lamb with root vegetables, creamed spinage and jacket potatoes...oh my was it good! Mark had a Rib eye steak cooked to perfection. A couple of soft drinks. Bill with tip was approx £35.

Club lounge for dessert and last glass of Champagne, we had to get up at 6 next day to come home. Mohammed, the attendant in the Club Lounge, insisted that we took a drink back to our room with us. I'd had enough but Mark accepted, and he pored him a large glass of a very good wine.

So that was it . We didnt do much expect really chill out but I hope it gives some in sight into the Ritz-Carlton and the surrounding area and help when planning your budget for eating out. We didnt spend half as much as we thought we would due to having the Club Lounge .

Hope this helps some of you.

Liz xx

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,599 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Pt 3, Burj Khalifa/Downtown and Neos

Loved reading your TRs. Thanks for taking the time to put them together (especially with all the prices).

We were in Neos on Wednesday, too, at the same time. Small world!

West Kilbride...
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Pt 3, Burj Khalifa/Downtown and Neos

Glad you enjoyed your trip, I've enjoyed reading about your time in Dubai. Would you recommend Afternoon Tea at the RC?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,956 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Pt 3, Burj Khalifa/Downtown and Neos

Thanks so much for sharing your reports Liz, I have loved reading them and it's always lovely to re-live a stay at the Ritz Carlton; still my favourite hotel on the beach.

And a trip to my favourite hotel in the city too - the pool area at the Address is so lovely.

Thanks for the tips on prices, which always helps to help others and again demonstrates that you can eat out very well in Dubai without taking out a mortgage.

U.K
Level Contributor
326 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Pt 3, Burj Khalifa/Downtown and Neos

Tracey

Afternoon Tea at the Ritz-Carlton is served in the Lobby Lounge. We however, had ours in the club Lounge which is everything that you would have for the Full Afternoon Tea but you help yourself.

I have no idea what price you pay for Tea in the lobby lounge but, I would say that it would be a memorable experience as what i saw, it was well presented and served and with the music being played, all the more enjoyable.

Latti, thanks for your help with a few questions that i asked in the past

Huge...what a small world indeed

West Kilbride...
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Pt 3, Burj Khalifa/Downtown and Neos

Thanks Liz, I've read that afternoon tea at the RC is better value than at the Burj, so I think we will make a point of visiting the RC. We were looking at Ritz for our stay, but we've booked Atlantis instead, however after reading your posts it sounds as if its a hotel worth checking out if we visit again. Thanks x.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
177 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Pt 3, Burj Khalifa/Downtown and Neos

Thanks Liz - brilliant trip report!!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,956 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Pt 3, Burj Khalifa/Downtown and Neos

Afternoon tea at the Ritz is lovely as is afternoon tea at the Royal Mirage; both are more reasonable than afternoon tea in the Burj Al Arab.

In the Ritz you can sit indoors in the library lounge (all very Ernest Hemingway) or sit on the outside terrace overlooking the gardens and the gulf.

The Royal MIrage is slightly closer to the Atlantis, because it's at the base of the Palm, but the Ritz may be a better option because once you have finished your tea you can leave the hotel and go for a mooch along Jumeirah Beach Walk.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
540 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Pt 3, Burj Khalifa/Downtown and Neos

Thanks for the info re the Club Lounge at the Ritz - it sounds great.

We are hoping to go to Neo's for a drink when we are there in a few weeks - looking forward to it all.

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
808 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Pt 3, Burj Khalifa/Downtown and Neos

Question - is the Ritz also the Ritz carlton? How does this compare to the Ritz in London?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,956 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report Pt 3, Burj Khalifa/Downtown and Neos

Yes it's the Ritz Carlton. It is nothing to do with the Ritz in London so I'm not sure you can compare the two