We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin interaction at the atantis

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Dolphin interaction at the atantis

Hi all

Our 8 year old wants to swim with dolphins and I have looked at the shallow water inteaction programme on the altlantis website have a couple of questions if anyone can help:

How long is the dolphin experience on this programme

How many people do they normally take

Can you use the waterpark afterwards - ie: does the cost of the dolphin interactiion include admission tothe park?

Many thanks

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dolphin interaction at the atantis

Kali may be a daft question but am I able to just go to Oman for a day trip without any documentation or do the travel companies arrange everything? Or is it just like being in say Yorkshire and travelling to Tyne and Wear ?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Dolphin interaction at the atantis

Thanks Kali for the info and we will look out for a trip while we are there, would you say there is a chance of seeing dolphins in June? We are staying at Le Royal Meridian so is there any tour operators in the vicinity that you know of and recommend.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dolphin interaction at the atantis

If you are on a UK passport you don't need an advance visa for Oman but you do need to bring your passport. There is a fee to pay at the border but the travel company sites I checked earlier say that's included in the fee for the trip.

If I recall correctly the first time I went was in July and we saw dolphins but of course it's never guaranteed at any time of year - they are wild animals which is, of course, the attraction :)

I'm afraid I don't personally know any tour operators as I've only been independently however I will see if I can find out any personal recommendations and post back if I find anything. Otherwise your hotel should be able to help you as they will arrange tours.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dolphin interaction at the atantis

Ah, I have just realised that the Oman-based company I've done the dhow cruises with also have a Dubai office and run day trips to Musandam from Dubai!

http://www.khasabtours.com/details.asp?sno=1

haych1
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dolphin interaction at the atantis

Hi Kali

Do you have the details of the person you went with on this tour?? You said you paid about 600 dirhams. Thats alot cheaper than the organised tours and I would really love to go on this one.

16. Re: Dolphin interaction at the atantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 05:17