We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning the days

Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
planning the days

I have booked my days in Dubai,thursday till Sun aft.I know the weekend starts on a Thursday. Will this impact on the Dune tour and Aft tea at Burj and the shopping malls.Any suggestions for the best days to do these would be most welcome.I want to book before I get there. Thanks

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: planning the days

This will give you days of operation of Arabian tours.

arabian-adventures.com/LeisureTravelVisitors…

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: planning the days

The weekend for the majority of people is Thursday and Friday; however, a large number have Friday and Saturday. Residents will be unlikely to go on the dune tour but will be likely to go to tea at the Burj. Shopping will be available on Friday but not until 15.00-ish so that will be a half day gone and then the malls get mental when they do open. Looks like the following could be best:

Thursday: Tea At Burj

Friday: Dune Tour

Saturday: Shopping

Still, best wait for Jake to give the woman's perspective eh?

Ulaanbaatar...
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: planning the days

Did the dune thing with arabian adventures the other day. Absolutely fantastic. Highly recommend it.

Free unlimited drink adds to my recommendation however.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: planning the days

AC, book the tea in advance, regardless of weekend or not, it gets pretty chokka there!

leicester
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: planning the days

Its not a good idea to go shopping on thursday and friday as it usually very busy. Unless you like shopping at busy times. I would advise you to do the tour and aft tea on thursday/friday and shop on sat/sun.

Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: planning the days

Thanks for the info,I will book both the tea and dune tour from here. Not leave it to chance. I have waited to long for this trip,and may never get there again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,365 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: planning the days

Have a wonderful trip aussiecruiser.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: planning the days

Do you need to "dress up" for afternoon tea at the Burj?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: planning the days

Opps, dont worry about my post above as I have found the answer.

Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: planning the days

Thanks for your good wishes English Rose,but I'm not going for many months yet,you will be sick of me by then. Cheers.ps I see you are on the London forum too,I have been checking that out too.