We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Days in Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dormansland, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
3 Days in Dubai

Hi there.

I am off to Dubai on the 16th May and will spend 3 full days there as well as a half day before returning back home.

There are many things that I want to do, but I have to be realistic about the time we have, so do you think it will be possible to fit in the following in 3 days?

Burj Al Arab for the Junsui spa experience/ afternoon tea.

Burj Khalifa and the fountains.

Gold Souk.

Dubai/Emirates Mall.

Lost world at the Atlantis.

Wild Wadi.

Desert trip, to see the sand dunes, camel riding, bellydancing etc.

A visit to the Jumeirah Mosque.

I am staying at the Mina A Salam on a half board basis but I've heard that entrance into Wild Wadi is free if I stay here - is this correct?

I am also interested in purchasing the Entertainer book, do you think it is worth it for some of the above attractions?

Also, is it easy to book things such as the desert trip as opposed to some of the other things which you can just turn up and pay for on the day?

Also, how much time do I need to check in at Dubai Airport if my flight is at 15.00?

I'm hoping that I may be able to do something in the morning before we fly back to the U.K.

I have been reading the forums for a while now, but there is so much information, sometimes it's a bit mind boggling!

\Any advice is much appreciated!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
157 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Days in Dubai

Dear Futureproof,

Good planning...

Regarding the airport check in, i will say it depend on the class of your travel and flight (Eg:- Emirates business class/first class, 1 hour prior to departure)

Dormansland, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Days in Dubai

Economy I'm afraid!!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
157 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Days in Dubai

Which is your terminal of departure..

Carrier..???

Maximum is 2 hrs, Check will close 1 hr before departure (economy) or check your itinery for the reporting time

Dormansland, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Days in Dubai

Hi there

I'm not sure about the terminal, as we haven't received our e tickets yet but I'm flying Emirates.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,877 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Days in Dubai

All Emirates flights go from terminal 3 and it says in the ticket you should be there 90 minutes before departure. This is plenty of time as I've never seen it busy. You can check in online beforehand and choose your seat.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
707 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Days in Dubai

Hi There,

Very well preparation you've made.

My comments:

WIld wadi or Aquaventure (1/2 day)

Desert trip: 1 day (maybe 1/2 day, can be booked everywhere)

Spend 1/2 day at Mina A Salam.

Dubai/Emirates mall 1/2 day

Burj Khalifa + fountains 1/2 day

Burj Al Arab ( few hours)

I would give the following a low priority

- the Lost world at the Atlantis. (funny, but that's all)

- Jumeirah Mosque

I found the Aquarium in the Atlantis nicer than the one in Dubai Mall (if you're going for Aquaventure instead of Wild Wadi)

The fountains are incredible beautiful. We watched several shows (3 different and repeating) on several nights.

And if you want to visit another mall, I would recommend Wafi City Mall .

For Lunch, just go for any of the Lebanees restaurants.

All and all, a lot of things to do with the time you have.

Just enjoy.

Dubai
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 Days in Dubai

Sounds like a fun packed holiday. I would say 100% worth buying The Entertainer. It seems like you will be out and about all the time. Even if you use it for the waterparks you get your money back straight away. There are vouchers in there for food places in all the malls and many of the hotels. If you order it on line then they will deliver to your hotel the day you arrive so you get the most out of it from the second you can.

Also 4-5 desert safari companies in there as well but I think the best are either Desert Rangers or Arabian nights.

Have fun and look forward to the holiday review!!!

Dormansland, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 Days in Dubai

Thanks for the replies all.

I kind of want to do a bit of a chill out in the afternoons so I'll have to drop something I think.

What is immigration like at the airport? Is it as bad as Heathrow?

My flight gets in about 7pm.

Is the transfer time between the airport and the Jumeirah Beach area around an hour?

haych1
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 Days in Dubai

Just to let you know, theres quites few books on sale on Ebay at the mo.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,470 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 Days in Dubai

Nowhere near as bad as Heathrow.

Depends which area of Jumeirah Beach and what the traffic is like. An hour would be a long trip

Edited: 14 April 2010, 21:21