We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jumeriah garden guest house

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Jumeriah garden guest house

Does anyone know of this guest house - having looked at it's review most seem very positive. However the contributions are mostly from individuals who have written their first review.

Should I be suspicious?

portsmouth
Level Contributor
876 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jumeriah garden guest house

dont know ...but it looks great ...going to book it myself !!!

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,498 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jumeriah garden guest house

This was mentioned in last week's Time Out Dubai but, for the life of me, couldn't find anything on line. It was part of a great piece entitled 10 Secret Pools.

" This little gem proves that the best things come in small packages. The guest house is run by a long-time hotelier from London and offers an alternative to the city's many mammoth hotels - it welcomes people to come down and have lunch or dinner cooked by celeb chef Andy Campbell, then use the facilities for the day, which include a decent-sized pool as well as a lovely garden with a croquet area. Ideal if you have friends visiting from abroad: treat them to a reasonably priced lunch, followed by a lounge by the pool."

14a Street, Al Manara area, Jumeira (050 956 2854) Pool access is free for guests dining at the restaurant. To book lunch or dinner email email:

paul@jumeirahgarden.com

mentioning Time Out

Pool open daily 10am - 10pm

Hope this helps ...

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jumeriah garden guest house

Thanks for the rsponse!

It's showing of tripadvisor under B/B'S -good reviews. However a lot of people have said they can't locate the area by taxi. It looks very good though.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jumeriah garden guest house

This is their website if you haven't already found it http://www.thejumeirahgarden.com/index.html

Officially, of course, this accommodation will be "dry", but I did spy what looked like a glass of wine in front of someone in one of the photos on the site.

If this is in Manara, it's probably closer to Umm Sequeim end of town - we did have a very nice French style B&B in Jumeirah but this was closed down by the Municipality with very little notice. It was located on a side street and you are not supposed to run businesses from villas that are not on main road with ample parking facilities.

This looks very nice indeed tho.

Dubai
Level Contributor
529 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jumeriah garden guest house

DTCM is the regulatory body for the hospitality industry in Dubai.They do not have a category for Guest houses.As per them there are only two categories.Hotels and hotel apartments. Jumeirah Garden Guest House does not appear in the DTCM website for either categories.

I suspect this Guest house has started business pending approval from DTCM. In that case they might meet same fate of the Fench B&B that was in Jumeirah. If you have any doubts about the Guest house you can enquire from DTCM at www.dubaitourism.ae.

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jumeriah garden guest house

Respectfully - the last post is somewhat incorrect. There is a legal license for guesthouses in Dubai. It is freely available from the DTCM so long as (as with every license) all the needed criteria are met. Also, Maison D' Hotes lost their guesthouse license because their property was within the Jumeirah Garden property development area - nothing more nothing less. It is a shame, they were a great business. We have no intention of being critical of the post, merely politely making factual comment.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jumeriah garden guest house

Now, that's very interesting. So, that means the French B&B was closed because the villas are to be knocked down. Great shame because it was stunning. Good to hear that you can exist. More accommodation like this is needed. Have you thought about putting a location map on your website so "locals" like us can visit you for coffees, dinners, etc?

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jumeriah garden guest house

You need to forward this to the guest house????

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jumeriah garden guest house

Do I?? I don't think so. Read the post above mine. It's from them!!!! But thank you for the thought :)

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jumeriah garden guest house

On the reviews for your guest house people have said .........

difficulty in finding the house

Why do you think this is ????????????