We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai for a day

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
311 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai for a day

Have already posted a question on this Forum and didnt get much help alot of sarcism though.

But I would really love to know a few things.

We will have one night only to have a quick look around because of a change of schedule.

Is it possible to get a bus from the airport to the Golden Sands Apartments. If so the approx cost.

An idea about the Golden Sands Apartments or another hotel similar in price.

Also please the approx cost of a taxi to the same place from the airport.

There was a mention on the forum of a Water Taxi expecially at sunset. Is there a map of where these go to and from or is it better to do a set cruise.

We arrive early am so would love to see as much as we can in a day with a view to coming back at another time and spending more time.

I did ask on my last posting re the Sundowner Dune Dinner. I didnt get a direct answer but had the impression that it is really too hot to do this in June....is that correct. If so what is too hot. We get 40's here in Perth in the summer and I love it.

Any useful information would be great to convince us to check it out. Otherwise the other option is to not stop.

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai for a day

You didn't get help because you weren't specific enough nor had you done any real research.

Answers:

1. Bus

It may be possible but not advisable when time is of the essence. I can't be bothered to look up the bus routes but you could try.

2. Golden Sands

What ideas about Golden Sands do you want? If you type Golden in the search box above you'll get a good few threads.

3. Water Taxi (abra)

Yes there is a map but you'll have to buy it there and it won't be worth it for a day. If you want to spend 30 minutes or an hour on the creek, the best place to pick up a "private hire" is in front of Sheikh Saeed's house at the Heritage Village. The public abras ply across the creek from abra stations on Bani Yas Road in Deira and Bastikiya in Bur Dubai. If you want a rough map, surf here:

http://www.dubaitourism.co.ae/Map/default.asp

The creek is the blue bit in the middle and the abra stations are marked by little boats.

4. Seeing as much as you can

Forget it - just chill and take it easy and start planning for a longer stay. You'll only get frustrated and the heat will sap you.

5. Heat

You may like the 40s but for doing what - sitting around and doing nothing? Try being a tourist in 45 degrees and high humidity.

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai for a day

Incidentally, when I look back at the thread you started previously, I note that you did get a fair amount of help from Jake and Des.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
311 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai for a day

Thanks for your reply. What would be the cost of a taxi from the airport to that hotel or the Ibis (been reading other posts)rather than take a bus.

Also the approx cost of the water taxi for an hour.

Was probably going to do the Big Bus tour to get a feel for the place.

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai for a day

Airport to Golden Sands around AED 30. To Ibis around AED 40 (Ibis has courtesy bus). Haggle with the abra driver but don't go above AED 80 for one hour.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
311 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai for a day

Thanks for you information you have been most helpful.

We have seen alot of articles on Dubai and would like to see it for myself as it does look like a great place to visit.