We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin to Dubai Direct. . . . .

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin to Dubai Direct. . . . .

Commencing March 2006 - Aer Lingus (aerlingus.com)are commencing a 6 day a week direct non stop service from Dublin to Dubai.

The wait is nearly over - my flight gets into Dubai Wedensday morning, just intime for the 7's. . .if I like Dubai (dont think theres much problem there) Think ill be booking another holiday next year. . .now that we have access to cheap direct flights.

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin to Dubai Direct. . . . .

as per what I see - they will only operate 3 times a week from the 29th of March 2006. On Tue, Fri and Sun.

Hmmmm wonder if this has anything to do with its CEO Mr. Dermot Mannion being an ex Emirates employee......

http://www.flyaerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1/Corporate/display_news.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1955413777.1133132625@@

@@&BV_EngineID=ccccaddggeflikecefecfigdffgdfkl.0&P_OID=-8049&Category=0&NEWS_OID=536884496

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin to Dubai Direct. . . . .

And, how cheap are the "cheap direct flights"?

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin to Dubai Direct. . . . .

Isn't Air Likus going down the cheap low cost carrier route? Wouldn't want to be stuck on one of those for 10 hours let alone 30 minutes. Reckon there will still be many that would rather fly to London and fly on a proper carrier( sorry if I defame the innocent I get my advise from a frequent flyer forum and most reviews are phew).

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin to Dubai Direct. . . . .

I heard it was 6 days per week but then again that may be what they intend to fly subject to demand from Dublin.

Your right Aer Lingus have gone to the budget way for SHORT HAUL flights. . . .their flights to the US are still normal (complimentary catering/bars/firs,business and economy class).

I checked out a couple of flights for various weekends after they launch in March - and most were EUR 179 incl taxes and charges each way. . . .cheaper than BA without the hassle of Heathrow!

As for their new CEO being ex Emirates. . . .Dubai is his first goal - he wants to evntually fly Aer Lingus planes to Sydney.

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin to Dubai Direct. . . . .

Why? Can't the pilots do it?

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin to Dubai Direct. . . . .

Thats pretty much the same as emirates who dont have full meal service on some of the gulf flights.

Dont be surprised if he starts operating to pretty much the same destinations as Emirates... Joburg, Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong and India.

That way he will be competing wtih Emirates for the same pie.

Well all the best to him and aer lingus....

Cheers.

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dublin to Dubai Direct. . . . .

Wats with your name Isheep.....

I hope that does not stand for some thing like I love sheep ....

we have enough sheep shaggers running around on TA as it is.