We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Entertainer for sale

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Family Entertainer for sale

Hi all

I bought an Entertainer when I was in Dubai just to use for a couple of things (Desert Safari, Wadi, Atlantis and a couple of eating places). Each one of the things I used still has another (or two) vouchers of its kind remaining. We were staying with friends the entire trip so ended up being shown around/fed/hydrated not at our expense.

So... anyone want to buy? I've got the card still and haven't registered it.

As it is basically full, would like to sell for 200 AED equiv (so £35). Based in London. Still saving you 95 AED / £16.

Let me know if interested by PM or reply here.

Cheers!

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Entertainer for sale

Just remember the postage will be horrendous. It's a very heavy book.

manchester
Level Contributor
166 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Entertainer for sale

yes the post will be around £9.00, i bought one from a fellow tripper from london area, the book is very heavy! so will the postel cost!

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Entertainer for sale

Meant to say, the sale of this book should not be on this site.

UK
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Entertainer for sale

AshRich, your time in Dubai was an exercise in mooching (see Latimer post) Why not sell the book and give the money to a deserving charity?

SF.

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Entertainer for sale

"always stay." I agree. Vouchers on this site have usually been given away free for a small donation to a charity of your choice. Here we go again!!

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Entertainer for sale

Funny how people like to tell others to donate their cash !

Sell the vouchers in singles on Ebay ; )

Edited: 03 May 2010, 09:55
UK
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Entertainer for sale

Devon, I did not mean to come across as a pontificating financial buffoon, Ash sounds like he had a good holiday at little expense so I hinted at trying to get £35 back was being a mooch, on reflection, what do I care, Ash is better of to get the £35 and spend it on booze and birds, than waste whats left.

SF

Edited: 03 May 2010, 10:05
Lancashire
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Entertainer for sale

Dont think its right that you are trying to sell your unwanted vouchers on this site. I had almost a full book left last year which i gave to a regular forum user in return for a generous donation to charity. After her holiday she also posted the unused vouchers to members(at her own expense) in return for further charitable donations. I am not suggesting you should do the same but if you insist on selling them use ebay!

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family Entertainer for sale

Welcome back Darren. The postage Darren paid ( his expense)on sending the book free to me was £9. He was quite happy for me to donate to a cancer charity in lieu of payment. I dont think we used any vouchers staying at JBH.

The unused vouchers which were sent to people who contributed to charities of their choice actually raised about £100. I did not ask for information but they told me . Many thought this was a good idea.

I thought that this was a good way of getting rid of unused vouchers, and many people followed suit. ( I know you disagree devon man, we had this out last year! ) but this is the wrong site whatever you think for trying to sell surplus vouchers. So there!! ( stamps foot)

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family Entertainer for sale

I don't disagree as such Maureen, it just seemed to be double standards in the past.

People were fine with books being advertised on here if it was for charity but not if it was for private gain.

As I said last year, you can stick them on Ebay and donate as much of the proceeds as you like directly to a charity of your choice through the Ebay site. Beats the problem of wondering if the person you send the vouchers to on here actually gives money to charity or not.