We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Airport

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
281 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai Airport

Hi all, my girlfriend and I will be flying to Bangkok in August via Dubai with Emirates. We land at Dubai at about 00:15 and then our flight to Bangkok is at 23:00 the same day. I am not sure where the location of the airport is in relation to anything else in Dubai. Can anyone suggest something we can do to pass the time? I presume we will have our bags still with us untill we check in for the Bangkok flight but I was just wondering if it would be worth leaving the airport maybe to eat somewhere or even chill on a beach for a few hours in the after noon?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dubai Airport

I also think having a rest in Dubai airport in the middle of the night is a non starter. You could be in an hotel room and asleep in a comfortable bed by 1.30-2am. Far, far better than arriving at your destination so exhausted that it takes you two days to get over it.

Depending on your budget I would definitely go for an hotel option as SwissLe and I suggested. There is nothing awkward about arriving at an hotel in Dubai at 1am or later, they are used to it and you will only need one night.

The hotels will have a 12 noon check out policy but allow you to use their facilities whilst you leave your bags (or at least those you have with you) with the conceirge.

If it is in budget the try Qarmedeen hotel or Al Mamzil hotel in the downtown area by Burj Khalifa so you get the chance to see the fountain show on the lake in front of the tallest building in the world.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
453 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dubai Airport

I do Agree with al the above suggestion, at the end is upto you.

Yes I did mentioned about rest at the airport, I meant at the hotel there, honest do not know the cost.

Thats why I did attached a link fo the airport too.

Here is the direct one.

http://www.dubaiairport.com/DIA/English/MainMenu/Passenger+Services/Dubai+International+Hotel

Have a Nice Trip.

Hasan Al Jabri

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
453 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dubai Airport

Please copy the link if not working here as the link:

www.dubaiairport.com/DIA/English/MainMenu/Passenger+Services/Dubai+International+Hotel

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dubai Airport

Hi Hassan

The airport hotel is very expensive because they charge rooms out by the hour

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
281 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dubai Airport

Thank you all for your help and responses.

London, United...
Level Contributor
805 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Dubai Airport

Use Le Meridien as latti as pointed out. Just across the road - they have their own shuttle bus. Take 4 mins depending on traffic. Cost 20aed converted £3.25 approx.

The hotel is totally geared up for short visits. Stayed there in April.

Loads of places to eat no need to travel further a field. There are three swimming pools. The cakes are to die for LUSH!

London, United...
Level Contributor
805 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Dubai Airport

Not sure how this works ..........

I was charged £80.00 for eights hours.

That's seems overly reasonably!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Dubai Airport

Do you mean at the Meridien or at the airport hotel - they are two different places

19. Re: Dubai Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 05:17