We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delayed Trip Report

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Delayed Trip Report

After returning from Dubai last september i find myself still going on trip advisor all the time. I'm rubbish at this but i feel i owe it to you all, so here goes :)

After initial research we were supposed to be going the previous year but due to unforseen circumstances (blasted credit crunch) those plans were well and truly scuppered . So there i am at my mums helping my brother look after the family buisness while shes in canada, desperatley wishing for a holiday. After the constant looking on the internet i thought what the hell i'm going.

My mum was due back the next day so i cracked on making a few calls to 1. the other half who was up for it 2. my son who was not (hes at that age)3. travel agents.

Got a deal from BAT for 10 nights JBH with BA flying from Manchester in 2 days time. Booked it, felt great, then all i could think about was getting home so i could pack. After a hectic 24 hrs i was almost done and looking forward to my first time trip to Dbai

Manchester airport connected at Heathrow T5 to Dubai. Flight was ok plenty of room as flight was half empty.

Landed at Dubai around 11.30pm, stocked up at duty free then walked out for our transfer.

Thankful to get in the ac car as the humidity was shocking, arrived at the hotel and were both blown away and very excited.Check in was a little slow, got to the room and after running round the place like excited teenagers we poured a drink and aaaahed.Looking out the window we could see the Burj and oohed and aaahed Ordered some food a while ate and went to bed around 2.30am.

The excitment must of been too much for me as i got up at 6am left toh sleeping and went down to the beach sat there and took in the sight of the Burj and surroundings, ab fab!

Got toh up had breakfast which was great selection was amazing catered for everyone, i had a paratha which was nice but not as nice as my mums :). Headed to the pool and lounged around for much needed r&r.

Explored the hotel to familiarise ourselves and Wild Wadi and i ab loved it esp the lazy river toh prefered the pool area.Had lunch at Dhow & Anchor fish n chips really yummy (btw i love ALL food lol), lounged around til 5ish.

I wont go into great detail about the rest of my stay as mostly the days were the same and we were really there for r&r, i will just mention some of the places we went to and expriences we had.

Moe, Marina Mall, Jumierah Walk, Karama,Dubai Mall.Madinat

At the walk we saw sukh sagaar and as we walked past the aromas were very inviting, so we sat down and then realised it was a veggie restaurant, toh gave me that look i thought oh no he's going to start beating his chest in a min, after a lttle persuasion we ordered and were both very impressed with the food it was ab fab so that turned out well.

After wandering around Marina Mall got some money changed and headed to Barasti Bar whilst there enjoying a drink or two toh said give me the camera i'l take some piccies, i say "you have it "hes say "no you do", now then after blaming each other for a min or so (it was his fault btw lol) felt sick i was gutted brand new state of the art etc, the manager at the bar could see we were worked up about something and came over, after explaining, he asked what we had done that evening taxis shops etc, he left us with complimentary drinks(which i could not stomach) think he felt sorry for us and some 20 mins later he came back "i found it" . WHAT i was in shock thought that baby was a goner. unbelivable!!!

It turns we had left it at the money exhange shop and they would hold onto it until we went back. We both sat there enjoyed our drink with relief tipped the manager very well and got the camera on the way home (i wish) hehe.

The service from the manager at barasti was so amazing we could not thank him enough.

JBH... overall the hotel was lovely and plush the staff were amazing the service impeccable, had a great time met some lovely people, the one thing i did notice was how some guests treated the staff very rude, i always find that uncomfortable wherever i am.

TOH is very social, good at striking up conversations meeting new ppl etc, on this occasion we met a great couple and had evening drinks twice with them, met a family of five who also arranged to meet for evening drinks all is well, however he also has this habit of if after initial contact he does not like said persons he calls me over "hun meet so and so" i go over....start talkin......and toh gently B*****S off.... this happened twice.....and on every holiday we go(chuckling to myself). Aplogies i'm just having a little rant about this annoying habit as he nevers listens to me.

Anyway the type of places we ate latitude, beachcombers,noodle house,dhow and anchor, wild wadi, tgi fridays, food courts at the malls i must say i have no complaints about anything as i have read before it can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be in Dubbai.The bar upstairs was great really nice atmosphere great views.The gym was good (although i only managed to go once shame on me)lol. As it was ramadan at the time of our stay i will say it did not in anyway spoil our enjoyment, the heat whilst very hot i'm fine with the humidty i coped although i did have a fever one night due to the contrast of ac and heat i think.I have fallen in love with Dubai and would love to go back.

Karama was interesting because i was expecting it to be quite modern like the rest of the areas we had seen, it was fun though we enjoyed it until we went to an indian restaurant and halfway through watched a cockroach walk across the table eeeuuurrgh, we beat a hasty retreat! lol

Overall our trip was brilliant we enjoyed it so much and i think iv'e become a little obsessed with Dubai since then...hehe i still come on TA to read all about it and hope to go back asap.

As i said earlier i'm rubbish at this, feel like i've babbling on but relly wanted to give something back.

regards

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delayed Trip Report

Nice one you said it like it was 8-)

i had a little titter cause your husband and mine could be related lol glad you enjoyed it and i bet yer allready planning yer next trip ..

UK
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Delayed Trip Report

Flomeric,

B*****S, are you serious. I hope you and Toh are not in Dubai from 5th-10th of August!

SF.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,877 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delayed Trip Report

Thanks for such an entertaining TR flomeric, really made me smile :)

I hope you make it back to Dubai soon!

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
177 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delayed Trip Report

Great Trip Report, isn't it funny how non-veggie men react to a veggie restaurant? LOL - my OH is exactly the same!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Delayed Trip Report

dubai drifter ...thanks we did enjoy it and all being well are looking into returning next year 5 days oman 5 in dubai

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Delayed Trip Report

kali737........ glad you smiled :)

Watalie.....ab right my son is the same too....lol

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Delayed Trip Report

great trip report made me laugh out loud, nice to read about someone relaxing too

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Delayed Trip Report

betsy22 thanks.....laid back i am :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Delayed Trip Report

betsy22 thanks.....laid back i am :)

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delayed Trip Report

You must go back - I've stayed in different locations of Dubai and still havn't done everything I want too.

There are budget ways to live in Dubai - next time you want to go. Put it on the forum. Have a look a the B & B section - there are some great ones.