We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visitors will return a.s.a.p./Trip report

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
The Netherlands
Level Contributor
346 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
First time visitors will return a.s.a.p./Trip report

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children at the age of 16 and 11 years. This was our first time to Dubai and we all 4 love(d) it! We stayed for 6 nights at the amazing Oasis beach Tower and 6 nights at the relaxing Palm Tree Court from May 2nd till May 14th.

After our KLM flight from Amsterdam we arrived around 11PM. We booked the Marhaba family meet and greet . Within less than 10 minutes we passed the terminal and immigrations and went to pick up our luggage. While my husband was waiting for this I went to the ATM and the Duty free to buy some wine.

The Marhaba representative guided us to our shutle to the OBT (price is AED179; I guess that’s double the price from a regular taxi but we found it convenient for our first time).

Both our hotels were exactly what we wanted. The OBT was very modern and well located at the Walk where we did some people and car watching at evenings. The PTC was soooooooo relaxing. I’ll write reviews for both of them.

What did we do:

We visited the old Dubai, the Gold and Spice souk, went on an abra, went to Karema. Nice to walk through the old town and see the big difference to the ultra modern part of Dubai.

Went to the major malls (Dubai Mall, IBN Battuta, Burjuman and MOE). Prices were more or less the same as in Amsterdam. We found eating very cheap compared to the Netherlands though.

Ofcourse we saw the fountains: beautifull!

Visit the Atlantis Aquaventure. Kids loved it. Very well organised. When I had enough of all the slides etc. I just could relax at one of the many loungers. Had lunch at the Shark Bites (very reasonable prices , simple but nice food. We spent around 20 euro’s for 4 mains and drinks) . Used the Entertainer vouchers at both of them.

Had a lovely evening at the Dinner Cruise on the Bateaux Dubai. Food was very, very good and well presented. We all 4 loved it.

Went 2 times to a beautysalon together with my daughter. Very good manicures, pedicures and massages! Especially at the Nail Spa in the Dubai Mall.

Where did we eat:

Eat sushi at Umi Sushi at the Walk, had dinner at the Bait al Wakheel (fish is good, meat not that good), had one of our best meals at Finz in the IBN Battuta Mall. Thanks to Lattimer and Antler I believe. I would never have choosen it to have dinner but thanks to them we had a very good and very cheap meal. Paid around 45 euro’s for 3 fish kebabs, 1 Ribeye, 1 Ceasar salad and 2 large waters.

Again used our Entertainer vouchers. One evening went to Souk Madinat, very nice to walk through and make wonderfull pics. Eat at the Noodle House.

We stayed on halfboard at the Palm Tree Court. Buffets were very good. Especially the Arabian BBQ. Steaks at the Shooting Club were great.

Why did/do we like Dubai so much that we are already thinking of returning this Summer or during Christmas time?

That’s what I ask myselve!

I think it’s because Dubai is great for a beach and a city visit in 1. So we can shop in a very luxury mall, walk through an old souk and relax at the beach all in 1 day!

My daughter says Dubai is New York in the Middle East but than better because there is also a great beach!

I also love that everything is very clean and the service is outstanding!

Relaxing at the Palm Tree Court reminded me of our stays in Bali and other Asian destinations.

We returned last Friday very early in the morning. Had a 2 hours delay and flew at 3AM from Terminal 1. I must say I realy thought the airport would be much more modern and had more shops. After all the luxury in the city, I found the restrooms very, very simple. I think terminal 3 must be better but we were to tired to go there.

That’s it! And now we are at home and Yes I must admit: I’m seriously considering to return this year already!

Thank you all at this forum for advice and reviews!!!!

Regards from a cold, rainy Holland

Birmingham
Level Contributor
304 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: First time visitors will return a.s.a.p./Trip report

from 6th may to 11th may. I think its highly unlikely that we have been seen each other we were at 37th floor.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
222 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time visitors will return a.s.a.p./Trip report

thanks for your report glad you enjoyed it i am on count down now cannot wait roll on the 27th may.....

13. Re: First time visitors will return a.s.a.p./Trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2010, 05:17