We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dubai??????????????????????

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
gt yarmouth
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
dubai??????????????????????

thinking about going to dubai in january what resort is best to stay in, what hotel is good, whats the best way to book travelling from the uk and is there enough to do for two weeks or is it better just to go for a week thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,562 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dubai??????????????????????

You need to help us to help you.

You can stay in the very best 5* hotels and resorts with out of this world service or you can ease down the budget to stay in a very clean and habitable 3* apartment, again with second to none service.

'Best resort' and 'good hotel' are relative terms and you may not like what others rate highly.

So

Do you want to be on the beach or in the city ?

Do you want high end 5* all the way or a lower priced hotel ?

Will you be travelling with children ?

Do you want up to the minute achingly trendy decor or more olde worlde Arab style ?

What are your ages ? Do you want to be in with the in crowd or quiet and peaceful ?

What is your budget per night ?

The best way to book from the UK is to check out all of the online web sites - Destinology, Best at Travel, Trailfinders, Expedia etc and maybe a few high street travel agents. Whoever gives you the best deal should get your money.

I think there is more than enough to do in two weeks and have managed 20 trips without managing to see and do everything I want to do - however others will say there is nothing to do except sunbathe and shop (each to their own, perhaps they should have come on here first)

If it is your first time then maybe a week will leave you wanting to go back for more.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dubai??????????????????????

Hi

I think Latimer has a good point - we need more info to help you out. I have been to Dubai a couple of times and the last time I stayed at Dusit Thani near Dubai Mall. I have a Dubai trip report that I can share with you if you are interested and it might give you an idea of what to expect. Send me an e-mail on gardkarlsen@hotmail.com and I'll send it to you (or anyone else interested). Get in touch if you have any questions :-)

Regards

Gard

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dubai??????????????????????

Who did you book the Dusit through??

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dubai??????????????????????

Hi

I actually booked it through a Norwegian online travel site as they had the best prices...and then I got in touch with the hotel and asked if I could pay for an upgrade and that worked out pretty good :-)

Regards

Gard

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dubai??????????????????????

I wanted to stay at one of the Dusit hotel - unfortunately the agent I use was not link up to this hotel. Th problem is if we go direct to the hotel it not only cost more - but we would not be covered with insurance if anything was to go wrong. This happen recently for lots of people i.e. ash cloud.

6. Re: dubai??????????????????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 06:17