We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating in Dubai

Reading
Level Contributor
203 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Eating in Dubai

We are staying in bonnington jumeirah lakes towers.

I would like to know where people can suggest to eat. I am vegetarian (no meat or fish) and my partner isnt a big fish eater. We like indian, italian, mexican, infact most food!

One day we will be at the water park at atlantis. Is there anywhere near there people would recommend.

Ideally i would like some suggestions

-close to hotel

-nice views

-overlooking fountains?

we cant afford anything toooooo expensive.

A mixture of cheap places to eat, (and where they are near so i can try and plan the days.) and medium priced places to eat.

Any help would be great!

Thank you!

Katie

UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating in Dubai

We're also staying at the Bonnington on 26th June for a week! We were planning on eating at the malls (lots of choice) and also on the Marina and The Walk...looks like lots of great restaurants.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating in Dubai

Magnolia at Jumeirah Al Qasr is the best vegetarian restaurant in town according to my partner. It is in a pretty nice location too, set on the canals of the Madinat resort.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating in Dubai

Magnolia is also relatively expensive so may not suit the OP.

Time Out Dubai is a good place to look for restaurant reviews:

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/restaurants

India Palace on JBR Walk does lovely veggie food. Kamat in Kuwait Street, Bur Dubai is an Indian vegetarian restaurant and the food is excellent. Two of us had more food than we could eat for 100 dirham.

There are lots of good, cheap Indian restaurants in the older parts of Dubai, details in Time Out.

Reading
Level Contributor
203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating in Dubai

Does anyone have any suggestions for well priced places to eat (TGI prices ich) for near....

-burj khalifa

-dubai mall

-ibm mall

-dubai creek

-atllantis waterpark

thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
251 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating in Dubai

I had no problem with finding vegetarian food on JBR Walk last March. Sukh Sagar http://www.sukhsagar.com/ is a vegetarian Indian restaurant on JBR Walk. Pain Quotidien is also nice, but there are a lot of options there, and not so expensive, at most restaurants at JBR Walk we paid about 12 euro per person for a main course + 1 soft drink.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating in Dubai

We've found that TGI Fridays don't have much apart from a Veggie Burger on the menu, however they are always willing to make the dishes without the meat.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating in Dubai

There are so many well priced places to eat that it's almost impossible to suggest any.

Bear in mind that Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall are the same place.

Head for the malls or the local restaurants where you will find an abundance of options for vegetarians. Thai, Indian, Lebanese, Turkish, Chinese, Morocan, Mexican etc

The only exception to this being Atlantis Waterpark - I'm not sure how well Shark bites (the vastly overpriced food outlet there) caters for vegetarians.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating in Dubai

Just been informed that Magnolia is now closed for July/August months.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
376 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating in Dubai

hi there I am Vegan, and headng over next week. Happycow is my usual go to guide for veggie friendly eating abroad

http://www.happycow.net/disp_results_address.php?distance=10&maptype=l&list[]=vegan&list[]=vegetarian&list[]=friendly&list[]=store&address=dubai&x=13&y=13

Trader Vics has 3 restaurants in Dubai and they've got some lovely veggie and vegan options on their menu... plus you get to drink cocktails out of cool tikki glasses!

10. Re: Eating in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2010, 05:17