We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent - Majestic or Arabian Courtyard -which to choose?

Bay Area
Level Contributor
594 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent - Majestic or Arabian Courtyard -which to choose?

Booked the flight and was shopping for hotels. Per Latimer's suggestion, I was keen for Ramada Downtown but my budget is 100-120$ per day and Ramada did not offer that. Golden sands, oasis etc with breakfast was high than the 120$ per day.

I wanted for 2 adults, 3 kids that includes buffet breakfast and Majestic is offering me a good deal. I also get a good deal with Arabian Courtyard and Spa for a family suite.

I am so confused between the two. Both seem to have good reviews and location wise I guess its close to Souk areas. Which is better

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,762 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent - Majestic or Arabian Courtyard -which to choose?

Arabian Courtyard - definitely. The Majestic has a reputation for attracting a certan type of client and workers that are not necessarily looking for family friendly activity.

The arabian courtyard has a nice pool, not huge and not much space but a nice pool and is located right across the road from Dubai Musuem.

Here is a map of the area - the Arabian Courtyard is right oposite point 1.

…nationalgeographic.com/travel/…

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent - Majestic or Arabian Courtyard -which to choose?

I'd echo Latimer's sentiment. Arabian Courtyard all the way! ESPECIALLY for a family holiday.

I actually stayed at the Arabian Courtyard myself on Latimer's recommendation a couple of years back. It's a really lovely hotel and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there (went for a trip with my mum). It's a great base to explore Dubai for the first time - better base location than Majestic.

I've lived down the road from Majestic hotel and hung out at their live music bar a few times and yes... did get surrounded (literally) by some more..... interesting characters!!

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent - Majestic or Arabian Courtyard -which to choose?

just to let you know .arabian courtyard is renovating some areas

we love the area so always go back there from the beach but was horrified at the state of the place , we had one drink and left

the smell of paint was over welming and the standard of cleanliness was shocking

i have stayed there before and enjoying , but we both left the place staying thank god we had not booking it this year

i would have turned around and left if i had arrived to that ,

hope this helps

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent - Majestic or Arabian Courtyard -which to choose?

sorry for the typo's ...just got back yesterday .....i'm shattered

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent - Majestic or Arabian Courtyard -which to choose?

Hmm, then it is worth calling the hotel to ask when renovations will be complete.

When are you scheduled to take your trip, ppxyz?

Bay Area
Level Contributor
594 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent - Majestic or Arabian Courtyard -which to choose?

geordie the latest review on Sep 6th and Sep 5th all have very good reviews, so confused again. Nobody mentioned about renovation at the hotel.

I still have 2 weeks more to stay. I am planning to stay after Sep 20th only. Do you think renovation would be complete then? Did the staff say when it is completed. All reviews for the hotel seems 4 or 5 stars.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g295424-d568…

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent - Majestic or Arabian Courtyard -which to choose?

i was there sunday night this week and the renovations were well under way , you could take the advice and email the hotel , they should be able to tell you when they are finished and if it will affect you

Bay Area
Level Contributor
594 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent - Majestic or Arabian Courtyard -which to choose?

geordie - most of time we will be sightseeing esp. right after breakfast after which we'll be there towards night time only. I checked expedia and they have mentioned that renovation will be completed only by Sep 30th in fine print.

Is it only the lobby or is it like the whole area is a complete mess?? Is it better to just book elsewhere? Pls. advise./

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent - Majestic or Arabian Courtyard -which to choose?

if it was me i would book somewhere else ............

it does look like it was the first few floors that were being done , but as for the finishing date , it's dubai remember , nothing is finished on time

i was really shocked when i went in , as i said i would have turned around again if it was me checking in

email the hotel itself and ask , to be on the safe side and ask what they will do if it is not finished when you arrive

http://www.arabiancourtyard.com/

to book .....have you checked hayes and jarvis , we got a brill price when we booked with them ......or try direct with the hotel , they are good prices as well

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Urgent - Majestic or Arabian Courtyard -which to choose?

www.arabiancourtyard.com/newsdesc.aspx?id=26

have a look at this