We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Buffet meals

Birmingham
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai Buffet meals

Hi

we are staying at the Arabian Courtyard from Tuesday, can anyone recommend decent buffet places to eat fairly locally that are not going to break the bank.

With Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai Buffet meals

If you have any handy tips or places close by to visit from the Arabian Courtyard etc. Let us no. We are staying there at the end of this month.

Thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai Buffet meals

Surrounding Arabian Courtyard are several little streets where you will find local restaurants - predominently Indian but there are others - where you can eat like a King for £10.

Here is a map of the local area.

…nationalgeographic.com/travel/…

The hotel is right oposite point 1 on the map.

There are places to eat along the creekside but that would be quite a walk in this heat.

Slightly more expensive restaurants in the area are Bait Al Wakheel - overlooking the creek - which is in Bur Dubai Souk. Bastakiah Nights restaurant is in the Bastakiah heritage area. Neither are buffet style but both get good reviews.

If you want to travel for a buffet style meal then it is worth going to Spice Island at the Renaissance hotel in Deira (10 mins by cab). This is consistenly rated as one of the best all you can eat and drink restaurants in Dubai.

There are so many places that you will be completely spolied for choice and if you have an entertainer voucher booklet then there are several restaurants in Bur Juman mall that is 5 mins away by cab. Again not buffet in style but I recommend Paul (french bistro style) and Carianas (italian)

Wafi Mall also has plenty of choice of places to eat, as does Festival City Mall and Dubai Mall.

Edited: 10 September 2010, 18:01
Paris, France
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai Buffet meals

Latimer, need a suggestion for a buffet place with price range of around AED 100 or lesser, as I will have 10 + guests, and Im paying it :( .

Looking for an Asian one, if you have any suggestions, do give one. Thanks :)

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai Buffet meals

I don't know prices off the top of my head but Royal Orchid may be worth a try. They have branches at Festival City and at Dubai Marina as I recall - may be worth giving them a ring.

Ditto India Palace.

And then of course there are all the local restaurants in Bur Dubai where you will all be able to eat a full meal, let alone a buffet, for less than £10 a head

dubai
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai Buffet meals

Hi,

You dont mention if you want access to alcohol, for Dhs 100 i would think not.

2 good Indian places (there are lot's more) we have used several times are 'Ceasars' being near what used to be called, and still known as 'Falcon roundabout' & 'Kwality Resturant' on Bank St opposit 'Ascot Hotel'. You should have change from Dhs 100 per head and come out with a full belly.

If you want a tipple after/before your grub there is a good Irish (or is it Aussy??) bar on the ground floor of the Ascot Hotel accross the road from Kwality or a short walk from Ceasars.

6. Re: Dubai Buffet meals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2011, 04:17