We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building construction near the LRM ?

PARIS
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Building construction near the LRM ?

I read on a tour operator website, that there are some building under construction on the beach near the Le Royal Meridien until june 2011;

i am planning to go in Dubai at mid april and stay for the third time at the meridien. Last time it was in 2009.

Is some one could tell me how noisy it is ?

Thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,459 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Building construction near the LRM ?

They are building another wing on the Ritz Carlton next door - I doubt you will even notice it

PARIS
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Building construction near the LRM ?

Thanks but what do you mean taht i wont notice it.... ?

No noise ???? and no "brouhahaha"

2 years ago it was a little bit noisy juste because of a tower construction at the back !

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,459 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Building construction near the LRM ?

There is construction all around that area so nothing has changed except for the fact that some of the construction you saw 2 years ago will be finished or nearly so and some more will have started.

What I mean by 'I doubt you will even notice it' is that when you take into account the size of the grounds at Royal Meridien, I would be surpised if you could see it or hear it, .

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Building construction near the LRM ?

we stayed at the habtoor next door In oct 2010 builidng working immediately adjacent and not disturbed by noise. Some work opposite the LRM but to be honest it was nearing completion they were erecting the signage etc. I wouldnt worry

5. Re: Building construction near the LRM ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 05:23