We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in Dubai 2011/2012 - When to book?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Year in Dubai 2011/2012 - When to book?

Hi,

I am looking to go to Dubai over New Year with my fiancee. We are probably looking at staying for around 4 or 5 nights. We will be flying from either Aberdeen or Glasgow (depending on price & flight times).

I understand that going on holiday over new year will be more expensive anyway, but when is the best time to book? Are more deals available if we book early or is it worth waiting to see if there is anything closer to the time?

Also, are there any events/partys over there at new year, or is it mainly the firework shows?

Thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year in Dubai 2011/2012 - When to book?

I would say that now may be a wee bit early because hotels will just have rack rate and airlines won't have exact schedules yet. However, New Year is very popular in Dubai and if you get a deal you are happy with now I would book it and stop looking to see if you could have got it any cheaper.

Any events or partys are held at nightclubs or bars and in the main (with very few exceptions - the Irish Village party is one) these are in hotels and so expensive. There are huge firework displays in several places but remember that drinking outdoors - unless it is an outdoor licensed venue like an hotel beach bar - is not legal so no swiging from tinnies in the street.

Anyone that was there this year will tell you they had a great time and if you do a search on You Tube for videos of New Year in Dubai you will see some of the fun to be had.

Edited: 01 February 2011, 23:24
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year in Dubai 2011/2012 - When to book?

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking it was a little early but wasn't sure when would be best to book. I have been to Dubai before but was part of a multi-trip package including Thailand which we got a fantastic deal on, so not sure what the 'realistic', Dubai only prices are. We stayed at the Hilton Jumeira Beach. I would quite like to stay on Jumeira Beach again. Are there any other hotels that you would recommend in the similar range to the Hilton? Or any others that you would recommend in general? Would you recommend staying in the city centre?

cheers

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year in Dubai 2011/2012 - When to book?

Hilton is a good choice. It is one of the cheapest with its own private beach and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

At New Year you will find that most of the other beach based hotesl charge a premium and also a compulsory gala dinner price for new years eve, whether you attend or not. A beach hotel is a good choice to see the fireworks from Atlantis.

So many to recommend but budget will dictate where you can stay.

I would also recommend staying in the city and usually do so myself but then I'm not a beach person. Hotels in the centre often are much cheaper than those at the beach.

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year in Dubai 2011/2012 - When to book?

Hi - I'm wondering if anybody knows if the venue of fireworks has been announced yet. Is it at Burj Kalifa again? Just that we are expecting to arrive on 30th December and want to get a hotel "close to the action".

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year in Dubai 2011/2012 - When to book?

There are several firework shows at New Year in Dubai and so it is not a question of where 'it' will be but of which one you want to see.

If you want to see the fireworks at Burj Khalifa then it makes absolute sense to stay near by - anyone who tried to get there to see it from elsewhere in Dubai last year faced a 3 hour trip.

There are several hotels and apartments close enough to see the display.

Do you want to be able to watch it from your room or the hotel directly ?

If so, Burj view rooms have a premium anyway and especially at New Year.

If not, there are several close enough to walk to see it

You budget will dictate which you can do so do you have an idea of what you want to pay ?

Tampere, Finland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year in Dubai 2011/2012 - When to book?

Hello! We have already booked flights and hotel and we are landing to Dubai on 25th December. Also we will stay there at New Year! I'm so excited! Can anyone know, is there any parties, concerts, etc.? I would like to know some tips, if You have? ;) We will travel there with our family (me, my husband, our kids (0 and 2 years), my father-in-law and his wife, ... We would prefer to go out with my husband. Can't wait!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year in Dubai 2011/2012 - When to book?

Where are you staying ?

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year in Dubai 2011/2012 - When to book?

Hi everybody,

Me, my boyfriends and 2 other friends or going to Dubai over New Years, we´re booked at the Grand Midwest Tower - Media City. And now we´re looking for some where to spend New Years Eve, any suggestions?? :)

Maria

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Year in Dubai 2011/2012 - When to book?

Hi,

I'm in the same boat. I'm booked to go for new year, leaving on the 30th and staying for 5 nights at the Towers Rotana.

I emailed the 360 bar at the Jumeira Beach hotel to check if they had any events on for new year, as this is due to be a good view for the fireworks. They said that they haven't anything planned yet but would let me know.

I don't know how far in advance hotels and bars get events organised??

London
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Year in Dubai 2011/2012 - When to book?

I can recommend NYE at the Bahri Bar, Mina A Salam. We booked it with the hotel. Think it was about 500 AED and included champagne and canapés. Here's a link to a video I took from the terrace...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc5pP10ukzg

...the fireworks last for ages, this was just the last couple of minutes.

Edited: 06 September 2011, 20:16