We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

interactive swimming with dolphins at Atlantis Palm Dubai

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
interactive swimming with dolphins at Atlantis Palm Dubai

Hi does anyone know which dolphin activity at he Atlantis Palm Dubai hotel is best ie the deep pool swim or the shallow pool swim please thks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: interactive swimming with dolphins at Atlantis Palm Dubai

Are you staying at Atlantis ?

I ask because most folk think that the 'best' experience is actually at the Dolphinarium at the creekpark and not at Atlantis - it's cheaper too.

I'm sorry I don't know the difference between the dolphin experiences at Atlantis - except for the obvious one that the water is deeper at one than the other.

There are often reports on here about them though so if you search using the search engine you will find reports

wirral
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: interactive swimming with dolphins at Atlantis Palm Dubai

We too are staying at Atlantis and I have also researched this topic. The Atlantis provides an experience in a lovely environment, however the dolphinarium is not only much cheaper, but you also get the opportunity to have a mixed shallow and deep water experience all in one. You get lots more contact with the dolphins at the dolphinarium compared to Atlantis, and it seems much more hands on. No brainer for me, opt for the dolphinarium.

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
808 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: interactive swimming with dolphins at Atlantis Palm Dubai

Shallow - up to your waist a few feet into the water. Deep - wearing a wet suite.

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: interactive swimming with dolphins at Atlantis Palm Dubai

Thanks for your reply yes we are staying at Atlantis we've won a holiday there with the dolphin experience included we had choice of shallow or deep water experience

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: interactive swimming with dolphins at Atlantis Palm Dubai

Thanks for your reply

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: interactive swimming with dolphins at Atlantis Palm Dubai

How fabulous - I do like to hear good news for people and a free holiday to Atlantis is good news.

If the dolphin experience is free then go for it and just choose the shallow or deep water depending on preference of water depth

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: interactive swimming with dolphins at Atlantis Palm Dubai

Wow great prize, was this through Kuoni? I know they have been giving away holidays to Atlantis quite regularly recently.

The deep water experience was presented as one for people over the age of 8 who are confident swimmers - treading water included. These sessions are also limited to 6 people. You get to kiss, ride, touch and play with the dolphin.

The shallow water is more for families as there isn't an age restriction, apart from kids under 12 need to be accompanied by an adult. There can be upto 10 people in the session. You get to hug, play ball and see the dolphin do tricks without needing to be a confident swimmer.

8. Re: interactive swimming with dolphins at Atlantis Palm Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 22:16