We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

racing carnival wear

england
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
racing carnival wear

hi

i am attending the racing carnival on feb 24th.

i understand for the world cup everyone goes all out with their outfits. just wondering what attire is appropriate for the carnival dates. is hats ect expected. i understand it may depend what part you going in. i may be in an hospitality suite.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,512 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: racing carnival wear

In the hospitality areas then very elegant for ladies and yes, hats are worn, although not compulsory.

You would wear the same thing as you would to ladies day at a race course in the UK.

england
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: racing carnival wear

Thank you. i can feel a shopping day coming on,and quickly.

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: racing carnival wear

Hi Latimer

Not Chester or Aintree I hope, the girls do their level best to wear next to nothing at those meetings I don't think that will go down well at Meydan

Regards

Doug

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,512 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: racing carnival wear

Indeed.

Elegant means different things to different people. I certainly wouldn't advocate showing too much leg or cleavage in Dubai. Falling down drunk is also not a good look in any part of the world

Liverpool
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: racing carnival wear

Latimer et al,

I'm off to The World Cup at the end of March.

Ive ordered 'apron' tickets, which I assume are similar to our 'tatts' tickets?

Therefore I assume smart is ok rather than suits, hats etc?

Cheers

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,512 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: racing carnival wear

This is the page from their web site

dubaiworldcup.com/dubai-world-cup/tickets-di…

As you can see they hold a best dressed and best hat competition but like all races I am sure smart will be fine.

ayrshire
Level Contributor
48 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: racing carnival wear

An elegant summer dress and a little flower or diamonte clasp looks very nice. Keep in mind it will be very hot, even in the evening. So comffy shoes or sandals are a must!!

8. Re: racing carnival wear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 02:15