We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would You Visit Both Burj Al Arab And Burj Khalifa?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
584 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Would You Visit Both Burj Al Arab And Burj Khalifa?

Hi Sorry its me again!

What is everyones opinion regarding visiting Burj Al Arab (which we have booked for afternoon tea) and also visiting Burj Khalifa?

Would you recommend that we need to do both?

We will be in the area of Burj Khalifa because want to see the fountains but was going to visit this in the evening so is it worth going on the viewing deck at nightime say 9/10pm ish? We will be visiting in June if it makes a difference?

Thanks for any info

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,877 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would You Visit Both Burj Al Arab And Burj Khalifa?

Yes I'd do both (well actually I wouldn't do BAA at all but I guess I can only say that because I've been and was unimpressed).

Two completely different experiences. I would prefer to go up Burj Khalifa in the daytime if it was fairly clear and not hazy but I'm sure it's lovely at night as well. You have the choice of going up late afternoon then watching the fountan from ground level after dark or going up around 9/10pm as you say and seeing the fountain from up high - but bear in mind the fountain runs till 10pm only Sun-Wed.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
671 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would You Visit Both Burj Al Arab And Burj Khalifa?

We are planning the Burj Khalifa for about 5:30 that way it will still be light when going up but can stay there for sunset and the start of fountains (think they start at 6). Going to tie it in with a look around Dubai Mall in the day and might stay after for a meal depending what else we plan that night.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would You Visit Both Burj Al Arab And Burj Khalifa?

I'd do both as well. Burj Al Arab is a hotel and a place for eating/drinking in opulent surroundings. At The Top is more of a tourist experience. It's a journey up to the top with loads of information on the construction and facts about the building.

The Skyview bar and At The Top are both best at dusk IMO. There isn't a time restriction on either so if you go before sunset and then hang around to see it in darkness. In both places darkness is either your reflection or some twinkling lights.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would You Visit Both Burj Al Arab And Burj Khalifa?

Thanks for the replys

I realise that the BAA is prob overpriced but its the first thing I tell everyone where i am going when I get to Dubai I am really looking forward to this, a friend of mine told us that if we mention to a member of staff that we are thinking of staying on our next trip to Dubai we may get a tour of a room? Anybody tried this?

Dont want to look too mean but we have booked Club Room so was going to get the use of these facilities then head over to Burj Khalifa hence it being an evening viewing for us, see the fountains and grab a bite to eat? We have booked last booking for BAA so will see Sunset on that occasion.

Just wanted to check that an night-time viewing still worth doing?

Thanks everyone

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
671 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would You Visit Both Burj Al Arab And Burj Khalifa?

I am in the same boat regarding club room and so wanting to be in hotel to take advantage but thought we might skip it on that evening. Not sure what time Dubai Mall closes as wanted to do all the Mall, Khalifa and fountains in one go.

I did think of doing the Mall in day, then going up the Khalifa about 5:30 coming down about 6:30 - 7:00 and seeing the fountains before heading back to hotel to catch the last of the club room facilities before going down the walk for something to eat. Not sure if club is 6-8 or 6:30-8:30.

Other alternative was to forget club that evening and stay at the Mall and have something to eat there. I believe there are some good restaurants with good views of the fountains. If we stay down later might even nip into the address and have a drink in the bar overlooking the fountains.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would You Visit Both Burj Al Arab And Burj Khalifa?

Hi manxtravellor

Think Burj Kahlifa open till midnight and fountains of a weekend on till 11pm with a show every half hour (pls correct me if am wrong) Not sure what time Mall open till? hence me thinking I could squeeze in my club facilities then head over to the fountains etc.

I was also thinking that because it is best to pre book tickets, the day that I choose could be an awful hazy day so wont see much anyway at least of a night I will see Dubai lit up?

decisions decisions

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would You Visit Both Burj Al Arab And Burj Khalifa?

I'd rather do At The Top in the day rather than at night, if those are my only two options. Your photographs will be better in the day as reflection at night on the glass will be much greater.

You do get a birdseye view of the shape of the fountains at night, but unless you knew they were fountains you couldn't guess.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would You Visit Both Burj Al Arab And Burj Khalifa?

The two are very different experiences. I happened to do both when I was in Dubai two weekends ago - in fact, I did Burj Khalifa twice, first doing the At the Top then doing afternoon tea at Atmosphere

At BAA, we did a dinner buffet then went around taking pictures inside

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would You Visit Both Burj Al Arab And Burj Khalifa?

There were some angry exchanges on this forum re the "At the top" at Burj Kalifa a while ago.

I have never been, but there was a huge ho hah because they did not go to the top- if this makes sense.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
82 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would You Visit Both Burj Al Arab And Burj Khalifa?

I have booked myself for a 6:30 pm at BK At the Top early next week. Hands down i would have preferred a 5 or 5:30 pm time slot wherein i could watch the sunset at about 6:20 pm but i was suprised that all times slots around that was booked until next Thursday so had no choice but to book the 6:30 pm slot with the thought i would atleast get a glimpse with some light

After i made the booking, i was hugely disappointed knowing that with the 6:30 pm slot, i wont be up on the observatory until 6:55 pm when it will be pitch dark! Obviously, I have no choice but i hope there is atleast some brownie points for a night vision over a day vision.

Thanks