We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

business class

Newark
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
business class

We have always travelled economy to Dubai with Emirates but for my wifes 50th I have booked buisiness class, i hope it will be worth it as there have been negative reports about emirates BC not having flat beds ETC. I dont want her to be disappointed?

Comments very welcome.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
952 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: business class

I guess it could depend on type/age of plane you get but anytime I've flown business with Emirates on A380/777 I've had a lay-flat bed. I flew about a dozen times in business with them last year, no complaints whatsoever.

blackpool
Level Contributor
625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: business class

Mark

You will not be disapointed with the service and quality of food,drinks and wines offered in Business Class, however, I agree with Slim, it does depend on what plane you are on, we always travel BC on our return journey and never had the lie flat beds, however, last year we were on the usual 777 but this was a new plane with the lie flat beds and much larger TV's, we flew into Manchester, I believe some routes use different planes, but hopefully you get what you want, oh by the way the Business Class lounge in Dubai is excellent no better place to be delayed, it has happened to us once and what a fabulous time we had !!!!!

Good Luck and enjoy. I hope your wife has a great special birthday.

Newark
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: business class

thanks both,

we are travelling from Birmingham.

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: business class

Hi Mark

That's a shame because the lounge at Heathrow is better than Dubai in my opinion. I assume you are on the night flight otherwise you won't need a flat bed but on the other hand if you're sleeping you'll miss all the goodies they throw at you. Incidently coming back is even better Emirates have separate BC & FC entrance in terminal 3 .

Regards

Doug

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: business class

BHX has the best and newest UK lounge by a mile, it's quiet yet still has all the EK goodies. Full meal service, champagne, showers etc. The 2 class only double daily to BHX means low numbers using the lounge. I'd rather be stuck in BHX than the terminal sized lounge at DXB! No queues, beautifully clean etc.

As for your plane it will be a 777 for sure. The early departure is normally scheduled with a new 2 class plane with lie angled flat 2-3-2 configuration. The evening departure is flown normally by a 3 class 777 which has the previous generation sleeper seats which are not shelled and more like an armchair. If you are an EK gold or the loads are high you may be able to reserve a first class fully flat non-suite generation seat on a business class ticket at online check in. You can see these as they start with a row 1.

If you want a fully flat business class product you need to go to LHR or MAN on one of their A380 rotations.

6. Re: business class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 05:16