We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposing in Dubai - Where?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Proposing in Dubai - Where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 21:13
Edited: 06 May 2013, 21:13
1. Re: Proposing in Dubai - Where?

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Proposing in Dubai - Where?

I think this sounds very romantic:

arabian-adventures.com/ToursSafaris/…

But as you've already booked BAA for that evening maybe not what you are looking for.

Everybody is different and you will know best what your intended will go for but a late afternoon walk along the beach, declaration of love and proposal sounds pretty unbeatable to me.

(Only good way to see the Palm is by plane. From a boat or being on the Palm itself you won't know where you are. Maybe a proposal as you fly over Dubai? www.seawings.ae)

Let us know how it goes!

3. Re: Proposing in Dubai - Where?

Reading
Level Contributor
203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Proposing in Dubai - Where?

hire a boat at sunset and you could sail around the palm island.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Proposing in Dubai - Where?

I am here on my first trip to Dubai, and seeing the views of city from the top of the Burj Khalifa was absolutely thrilling. If you go after dark, the musical fountains below are just magical and there are several classy restaurants in the Souk Al Bahar that have spectacular views. Rounding the evening off with the proposal would surely make the whole evening pretty memorable!

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Proposing in Dubai - Where?

I think the abra boats at Madinat Jumeirah are really romantic... so my vote would be on one of them. Perhaps email ahead and let them know your plans.

I think if you booked a lunch / early dinner at one of the restaurants and told them you were planning on proposing, they would also make it special for you.

Just asked hubby, as we were there on honeymoon - and he also recommends the fountains as suggested earlier... but then for me, the locality isnt as romantic as at the madinat with the waterways and by the beach.. particularly as you want to do it during the day.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,092 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Proposing in Dubai - Where?

Can I ask where you are staying ?

Also which restaurant and what time your meal is booked at the Burj al Arab ?

That will really help with suggestions because of how you want to go about it.

If I've read your post correctly you want to propose in the late afternoon whilst still casually dressed, which means that you will have to make time to go back to where you are staying and change before going to the Burj al Arab for dinner.

So the more information you can give us about where you are and timings, the more help we can give you.

Kali is absolutely right about the Palm Island - you really don't get the impression of a Palm unless you see it from above and it's much larger than you think it will be.

Would she think it was odd if you suggested going out for a drink to a fabulous hotel bar with fantastic views of the Palm that you heard about from a friend in work where they do 2 for 1 drinks ?

That may solve the dressed up question and you could head out a little earlier in time for sunset have one drink and then make the reservation time at the Burj - does this sound like a plan or do you want to propose in private ?

8. Re: Proposing in Dubai - Where?

uk
Level Contributor
31 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Proposing in Dubai - Where?

Hey Dave,

I'll leave the guys to make suggestions on an afternoon location as they know Dubai so well.

Just to let you know I popped question last week in Dubai.....(she said yes..phew!)...We also had dinner at BAA on the evening which was a great memory for us both....had great support from contacts with my hotel.......so would advise not being shy with them.....(.if your reasonably sure of the outcome :-).....maybe they could organise a couple of touches for the room on your return from BAA. dinner..etc..etc.

don't know when your flying out....so the very best of luck.....if your thinking of getting the required rock sorted while over there....let me know & will share my experiences in the diamond park last week.....may be of help.

V66

10. Re: Proposing in Dubai - Where?