We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maldives

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
maldives

ok ive looked into this a bit but doesnt seen very possbile , can i do a indepenant travel to maldives for say 4 nights and if so what is the rough cost for airline ticket, from dubai , two centres with dubai and maldives in the Uk are high and hotel food in the maldives looks poor , i cant afford the conrad etc

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: maldives

Dont see why not!

Check the price of a return flight from dubai to male on skyscanner. I imagine it is only emirates who fly this route direct however.

If you are travelling from the uk then i would prob check emirates website for a multi stop ticket eg glasgow to dubai, dubai to male, male to dubai, dubai to glasgow!

once you find flights which suit schedule and price then you can look at getting hotels which suit through the various hotel websites - hotels.com, booking.com etc

airtrainandplane
Level Contributor
738 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: maldives

"hotel food in the maldives looks poor"

Its limited depending on your resort but "poor" is the wrong description. We have found alcohol to be expensive due to high taxes which is common in Muslim countries. Booking flights and hotels over the internet is a doddle but not necessarily cheaper than an agent. The Shangri la had a good deal last year and the food was exceptionally good. Unless you want a really lazy holiday interrupted by eating and diving the smaller islands can quickly become claustrophobic. We had enough of the "no news, no shoes" regime after a few days and couldnt wait to get back to some action!

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,155 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: maldives

Hi Sharon.

Totally possible and really easy to do. Do you want to book everything yourself from the UK or do you want to book everything once you get to Dubai in the hope of a potential saving??? If so holidays from Dubai are quite expensive (also not sure if you could actually walk into a travel agent in Dubai and book without having a local address. You would have to check this, I cant see any reason why not though.) but you could easily book flights and hotels yourself online and leave and come back to Dubai 4 days later.

From memory there are 2 flights per day to Male one in the middle of the night and one in mid morning.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: maldives

ive watched a programme on the madives and have now decided i want to go there , but feel i would be bored in 4 days . so 4 days is the max .

most twin centres is that of at least 5-7 days , im ok with bham to male , with emirates and back again via dubai but then what are the costs for sea planes etc and then back to dubai - yep prob wrong forum . but i trust the dubai lot more. lol

im skint so no money for a top trip and dont want rubbish food , eg 3 star is all i can afford and will be fine as long as the beach and sea is nice but wwant some decent food and wine.

any ideas ??????

ps can we have a sticky that says DE ho do those that have fallen on hardended times get a good holiday - lol

Edited: 26 April 2011, 21:46
yorkshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: maldives

hi sl

my advice (from one skint member to another) is if you have to skimp on decent hotels decent food ect to go somewhere you are not sure if youre going to get bored hang fire till better times ahead then go 4 /5 star

the maldives is one place i have no desire to go to all looks great in travel books but what do you do in bad weather (no shopping no night life outside the hotels)

regards straw bear

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: maldives

hiya straw how are you.

its the sea, beach and fishes im looking to see , ive done the best lost the best inc family so feel like saying sod it just go do it because i know i will be back in thailand etc, food is ok as long as its half ok, but like you 4 days tops seems the most i could deal with , im to manic for anything else.

Reading
Level Contributor
203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: maldives

I'm doing this on Sunday. 6 nights in dubai, 7 nights in the Maldives. Im going to filitheyo which is all inclusive and includes some excursions. I'll let you know what it's like when I'm back. I booked through Destinology and they were really helpful swapping dates etc and we're flying emirates so might be worth talking to them as they came in a good few hundred quid cheaper than others.

8. Re: maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 08:19