We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Muscat from Dubai

London, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Muscat from Dubai

Hi, having looked at flights and the expense I am wondering if anyone can answer what other means of transport I can use to get to Muscat? As I am a single woman I obviously dont want anything dodgy - just an idea if flying is the best option. How long would it take to drive and the cost etc would be most helpful. Ideas???

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Muscat from Dubai

There is a bus but that will waste a day especially if it goes pear shaped at the border. If you can actually get a rental company to allow you to take a hire car, it will take around 5 hours to drive with not much in the way of scenery. A 45 minute flight wins hands down.

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Muscat from Dubai

If your a single lass you dont want to be driving all that way....

There is little habitation upto the u.a.e. border, but oman is quite nice, with farms and civilisation along the way.

But would not recommend a female to drive on her own. There are a few crazies out there.

Apart from that doubt the car rental company would agree or have service points along the way. If you break down, it would be un-necessary grief.

The bus is fine and safe as a single traveller.

Another option is Swiss. The operate a flight Zurich - Dubai - Muscat return.

There was someone else looking and found Swiss cheaper. Believe it cause this is new and they are trying to attract flies.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k4330…

worcester
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Muscat from Dubai

Hi Kaye Arabia Air could be a good option about 40£ one way i think flying out of sharja,though bus is perfectly safe and drops you off near a great hotel will look up the name for you