We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few random questions - hope you can help!!!!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
A few random questions - hope you can help!!!!

We are going to Dubai for the first time at the end of may for 7nights. We are staying at LRM on JB.

I have done lots of research and read numerous trip reports all on trip advisor and gathered a wealth of information!

However I do have a few questions to which i couldn't find the answers too........

1) I've read we can book a 30min high speed boat ride on JB. Where exactly can I book this from? Through LRM? Or somewhere on JB itself?

2) My Husband and kids are going to aqua adventure, however I have no interest in water parks...... will i be able to go in and just use the beach while they are at the park?

Is there a sep charge for the private beach?

Or do I have to pay the same rate to get in even if i am not going to the water park?

3) Is it better to get the monorail to the atlantis or get a taxi...? Likewise coming back - which form of transport is less hassle?

Ideally we would like to come back to the hotel to get changed freshen up before going back out....

3) Also I was thinking perhaps I might book myself for a spa treatment at the atlantis while they are in the waterpark..... has anyone booked any treatments here and would they recommend them?

4) Visiting the Burj Khalifa is on our list of places to visit. What is the general consensus - better to book in advance on line? or better to go to the office and book it direct for the next day?

In fact - is that a viable option? would we be able to go say on friday afternoon and book it for saturday afternoon? or is that too short notice....?

5) We got complimentary half board with our deal which I believe is the buffet at the Brasserie.... My husband is VERY FUSSY with his food and I understand there is a vast selection so he should be ok - but my concern is if we get back to the hotel at say 10.30pm is there still a plentiful supply of food available in the brasserie? (they close at 11pm) or would we be better of eating out.

6) I have read LRM provide a free shuttle - is it to the Mall of Emirates AND the dubai Mall? Where else does it go?

If anyone can answer these questions that would be a massive help!!!!

Thanks in advance

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: A few random questions - hope you can help!!!!

All great advice!

Thanks so much people!!!!

12. Re: A few random questions - hope you can help!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 13:19