We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ifly dubai

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
ifly dubai

Has anyone done this and is it worth it ? My daughter keen to do it either here in july or Orlando in october can't decide.

I have check out their website can anyone tell me how longitude would take to get there From the palm and what else is there nearby to do

Thanks

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ifly dubai

Long not longitude.... Oops predictive txt on iPad

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ifly dubai

If this is what I think it is, it's in Mirdif city centre mall I think (unless there's a different one), which is about as far as you can get from the Atlantis.

It will take about 45 mins to get there from Atlantis and I think the whole thing lasts 15 minutes - Mirdif is a nice mall but other than shops I don't think there is anything else in there.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ifly dubai

Mirdif is where it is situated Latimer - brilliant thanks for that maybe leave it unitl florida in October

thanks

ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ifly dubai

Mirdif (make sure you go to the Mirdif City Centre Mall as there is another smaller one) is a hike as Latimer says so unless you want to see what lies out of the palm and get a different perspective of the skyline then it may be easier to organise in Orlando as you say. I-fly didnt seem very busy during the week but if you are thinking of travelling that far it may be an idea to prebook. You get about 10 mins of briefing/safety talk, then you change and enter the chamber where you are taken for 2 'flights' with the instructor (low level on your own with assistance, and high level with instructor holding on). Each 'flight' is less than 5 mins (more like 2) but if you are enjoying the experience then you can pay for extra airtime. The instructor 'shows off' a bit then you exit the chamber. You are given a certificate and expected to hand over more cash for photos/dvd etc but I wasnt stopped from taking private photos or video of the participants from outside the chamber. As for Mirdif its a large mall for UK but smallish by Dubai terms - ok shops (slightly better prices than Dubai Mall), restaurants and has a cinema, bowling alley, science-themed play centre for 3 - 7yr olds (think small techniquest), magic planet, aquaplay for 2 - 8yrs, soccer circus - so I suppose it depends how old your kid is what else you can do if you take the trip out. link for Mirdif http://www.mirdifcitycentre.com

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ifly dubai

Brilliant ada very helpful our daughter is 9 and we are travelling in July I am guessing I 9or should I say she) will probabaly do this in Orlando as we will have a car and know its location. Just trying to think of different things to do with children

thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ifly dubai

Have you looked at the 'Things for kids to do in Dubai' section of the top questions ?

I would do

KidsZania in Dubai Mall

Underwater zoo and glass bottom boat at Dubai Mall aquarium

Ice skating in Dubai Mall

Snow Park and toboganing at Ski Park in Mall of the Emirates

Aquaventure or Wild Wadi

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ifly dubai

Yes,

My family of 3 were in Dubai in January 2012.

Now Mirdif City Centre is a suburban shopping centre about 25 minutes from Deira City Centre and we did a deal whereby we hire a taxi to take us and leave us in the shopping centre for approximately 1hr 45 mins. The shopping culture is this climate is that whilst the shopping mall is open nobody is there in the morning.

However your 'pilot' who accompanies you in the chamber starts at 11 am and not before.

First of all the group of you will get instruction for approximately 15 minutes, then a further 10 minutes to get suitably clothed and then usually there is a group of 10 to 15 of you. Now whilst your official flight time is only 2 minutes each you tend to get slightly longer and he takes you one at a time from an antichamber immediately adjoining with UPVC wall and takes you through the experience for a 'starter minute, by which time you have all watched each other and learnt so that you do better on the 2nd minutes flight, where with my instructor, we got about 20 feet above ground. The instructor then does a little showing off on his own at the end.

Now children as young as 6 were in the group, and my 30 year old son was thrilled with the experience.

Getting undressed at the end, you will fing the whole experience takes about an hour.

I have never parachuted but this must be as close as you can get.

One word of advice......take off every valuable including wedding rings but the dress you not only in a suite, helment, ear plugs but special goggles which will fit over most spectacle.

Perhaps the cost of getting there keeps visiting number down but we enjoyed it. My wife did not fly but took photographs which did not come out too well as she was outside the antichamber and photographing through 2 screens of UPVC.

We did not buy there photos because once you are all 'togged up', you all look the same.

Go for the South entrance when approaching the shopping centre and inside look for "Play Nation".

One little perk was that afterwards my son wanted an Ipod 3g 32MG and we found a a little stall vendor in the centre (official) who gave a great deal after a little negotiation.

Chris, Anna & Jordan.

Edited: 25 January 2012, 13:31
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ifly dubai

This is a really helpful review thanks we never quite got round to doing it in dubai or orlando but probably plan to do this in July. It does not sound a lot of time in the air given the price? is it worth doing?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ifly dubai

Yes.

It is the closest I have ever got to the parachuting experience without dropping out of the sky.

By the way, how do get Trip advisor to publish my comments because they have not put the event on the main net?

God Bless.

Chris, Anna & Jordan

10. Re: ifly dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2013, 10:17