We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which dessert safari company should we use

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
183 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
which dessert safari company should we use

Which dessert safari company should i use and do any of them take the entertainer vouchers.Not sure as have never been to dubai before and also don't know much about this voucher book either?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which dessert safari company should we use

We used Arabian Adventures when we there a few days ago. They very popular and reputable, and not only known for desert safaris. We found them reliable, informative, friendly and experienced.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which dessert safari company should we use

No one is going to tell you which one to use - you need to make your own choice.

Arabian Adventures is the biggest and has excellent reviews. It is also the most expensive. However, it includes alcohol whereas others do not and they are also allowed in the desert conservation area whereas others are not.

Arabian Adventures is not in the Entertainer voucher book.

Desert Rangers and Arabian Nights are in the Entertainer book so you will get 2 for the price of 1

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which dessert safari company should we use

We used Arabian Adventures in February, and the experience was excellent. This is a professional operation, which also has very good food and entertainment. They were also very accommodating in my request for vegetarian options (there were multiple options included but they brought me an extra vegetarian plate which was huge and tasty).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which dessert safari company should we use

I would add that Arabian Adventures used brand new vehicles, and we all had our own air conditioning control.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
144 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which dessert safari company should we use

For those of you that went recently - how was the heat? I am going in June but was avoiding this tour assuming it is too hot to do this. Any advice? Thx

wirral
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which dessert safari company should we use

We used desert safari dubai (part of North Tours) and used a voucher. After many emails between the most efficient Dennis and myself, I opted out due to concerns of the heat and motion sickness. Pick up ontime, new 4x4, good driver, fab experience. Highly recommended by my family. Hubby tells me I would have hated the bumpy trip and that was before dune bashing!!!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,865 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which dessert safari company should we use

The tours set off between 3-4pm and all the vehices are well air-conditioned. By the time you are out in the desert it's almost sunset so the worst of the heat is gone. I wouldn't let the heat put you off. If you can tolerate the heat in the city you will be OK in the desert where it's less humid and therefore not as uncomfortable.

Creemore
Level Contributor
64 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which dessert safari company should we use

We used Desert Safaris ( North Tours) for a Sharjah tour and for a Fujairah tour (off our cruise ship). We set this up with Dennis,for an 8 - 8.30 start, who started off by booking us for Sept. instead of April. For the Sharjah tour out of Dubai, the driver showed up1 hour late, after several phone calls, with the reply - 10 mins -. The driver had actually been told 9.30 instead of 8.30, so there we were waiting on the dock for 1 hour. The Fujairah Tour, no guide, just the driver, who hadn't been told where to go and had to keep stopping to phone in. We ended up in a convoy with several other mini buses, no commentary. When I asked one of the other guides to ask our driver for more commentary, his reply was, well , he is too shy to talk, and ended up wandering aimlessly around Fujairah.

Maastricht, The...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: which dessert safari company should we use

I would advise against SunCity Tours based on my personal experience with them. They did not turn up despite confirming my booking via email. I ended up waiting from 2pm onwards in my hotel lobby for more than 3 hours. I tried calling the phone number provided in the confirmation email but no one answered. By 4.30pm and with the assistance of the hotel receptionist, I found another phone number provided in the cobone.com website (+971509110477). A man answered and I explained to him that his colleague has confirmed my participation with Sun City and asked for him to come for me. He asked for my room number and misled me into thinking that he would come after all, so I waited for another hour (5:30PM). No one came in the end.

Probably the average customer experience with SunCity Tours is OK. But if you do not have much time in Dubai (like most of us on 2-3 days trips), you would not want to waste your time like I did. As mentioned by the other reviewers, there are many other tour companies out there. I would also advise against prepaid vouchers (e.g. cobone.com) unless you have the time to re-book the tour. Usually hotels in Dubai have a help desk to help organise dessert safari tours (mine had one for AED170) which would be more reliable.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which dessert safari company should we use

I vote for Arabian Adventures as well. They are very professional, excellent service, and very experienced drivers. If you are doing the sand dunes in dessert, you must ensure you are in the hands of very experienced drivers, otherwise I think it CAN be quite dangerous.