We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is the habtoor grand as bad as everyones says it is?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
is the habtoor grand as bad as everyones says it is?

we are due to go to the habtoor at the end of july, and all we are hearing is nightmare stories, its our silver anniversary and we are treating our 2 daughters to a one-off holiday, before they will want to do their own thing. the last thing we want is for it to be a disaster, but with all the negartive reviews, we cant help thinking it might be just that. i was also told that the bars and club in the hotel are full of russian prositutes! surely not in a supposedly 5 star hotel, well at least not for everybody to see whats going on anyway! can anyone shed a bit of light on exactly whats its like? thanks.

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: is the habtoor grand as bad as everyones says it is?

Hi I stayed here and was also worried vefore we went, we went early june for 10 nts, take a look at my review on here :) its not that bad but certainly not the best, an like others have said to get a Tower room. Julie

22. Re: is the habtoor grand as bad as everyones says it is?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2012, 17:35
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,511 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: is the habtoor grand as bad as everyones says it is?

The OP was going last July and so this topic is over a year old. The person at post 19 has dragged it up and I've reported the comments.

Dormansland, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: is the habtoor grand as bad as everyones says it is?

Using the word apartheid then mentioning the word coloured in the same sentence, that's a misnomer if ever I heard one!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
636 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: is the habtoor grand as bad as everyones says it is?

Trust me to comment I am so naive.

england
Level Contributor
435 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: is the habtoor grand as bad as everyones says it is?

We stayed there in December 2009, I thought it was a great hotel, best thing was the room and view and buffet restaurant food. They did play loud music which you could hear in the rooms, even on the higher floors but it was my kind of music so I didn't mind!! I would recommend it to others.

Reston, Virginia...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: is the habtoor grand as bad as everyones says it is?

Habtoor Grand is owned by same management as the former Metropolitan Hotel near what is now Business Bay. The Metropolitan was demolished recently along with its bar, the Rattlesnake, which was notorious for "businesswomen", especially after the Cyclone went out of business in 2007. I live close to the Habtoor Grand now, it's a nice hotel but I would not be surprised if there is action there.....as there is in a few other scattered venues across the Marina and JBR. A man can't walk more than 10 minutes alone at night in this area without being greeted by potential company......

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
952 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: is the habtoor grand as bad as everyones says it is?

I go to the bars in the Habtoor Grand quite often and have never been approached by a prostitute or noticed any obvious prostitutes hanging around.

Seeing as we only have your baseless assumptions to go on, why would the occasional discreet prostitute in a nightclub bother the average tourist?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
557 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: is the habtoor grand as bad as everyones says it is?

I was at the dairy section in Carrefour the other day looking for milk. I picked up a bottle and asked "how much?" The lady next to me replied 500 dirhams. I thought, "thats a bit steep".

Edited: 03 December 2012, 00:58
30. Re: is the habtoor grand as bad as everyones says it is?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2013, 10:15